New DICE From Denison - ICE-LINK Is Dead!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 02:51 PM
swb
04 TSX w/Nav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got the DICE unit for my TSX and hope to get time to install it either this weekend or next. Will update once I get a chance to do it.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:23 PM
swb
04 TSX w/Nav

Just spent half the day installing the Dice unit. Seems simple and straightforward however it did not pan out... good ole Murphy. Had the thing hooked up in about 10 minutes flat however the first time I hooked it up I forgot to unhook the battery. Without doing that the Dice unit wont initialize. A note here to save time be sure to have the security code handy if you unhook the battery. Long story short 3 times setting it up and starting over it never did end up working. The DICE unit was recognized by the stereo however I never did get any sound. I have a support ticket into Dice. Will update.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 01RedCLS
Update on my search for an iPod AUX connection:

I found at least ONE alternative that WORKS! I have installed the Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1D. This is ONLY a Factory AUX input interface - in other words, it has 2 RCAs on the end - NOT an iPod connector.

This worked perfectly and sounds pretty good! However, it still doesn't quite meet what I'd like out of a connection. I really would like something that charges the iPod at the same time - an all-in-one cable that charges and plays.

So, given my discovery that my headunit CAN switch to AUX mode, when a working interface is installed, I have now ordered the Blitzsafe HON/M-Link1 DMX V.1 which will give me what I'm looking for.

I'll have it by next week and will post results.
Sorry for the delay on this.

The Blitzsafe HON/M-Link1 DMX V.1 WORKS SUCCESSFULLY in my 2001 Acura CL Type S with Navigation! I had ZERO problems to speak of.

I have it mounted to a Pro-Clip with a Pro-Clip cradle. It looks JUST like the Dension units WITHOUT the horrible Dension product .

The sound is MUCH better than expected. It is much, much louder/clearer going through the iPod dock connection vs. the headphone output. When I add the "Rock" EQ setting, it REALLY amps up the bass! I've coupled this install with the Avincar speaker set (the original set from 6-8 months ago) and I don't need a sub - I can confidently say that the Avincar set + iPod via dock/Blitzsafe connection + EQ settings on the iPod = Pure Sound goodness .

I'll post pics tonight. It's better than expected.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Does it charge the ipod also?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
^^

I just got it for my BMW. I didn't install it yet, but it's definately a lot better than the original ice-link.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 01RedCLS
Sorry for the delay on this.

The Blitzsafe HON/M-Link1 DMX V.1 WORKS SUCCESSFULLY in my 2001 Acura CL Type S with Navigation! I had ZERO problems to speak of.

I have it mounted to a Pro-Clip with a Pro-Clip cradle. It looks JUST like the Dension units WITHOUT the horrible Dension product .

The sound is MUCH better than expected. It is much, much louder/clearer going through the iPod dock connection vs. the headphone output. When I add the "Rock" EQ setting, it REALLY amps up the bass! I've coupled this install with the Avincar speaker set (the original set from 6-8 months ago) and I don't need a sub - I can confidently say that the Avincar set + iPod via dock/Blitzsafe connection + EQ settings on the iPod = Pure Sound goodness .

I'll post pics tonight. It's better than expected.
Here are the pics:

Yes, it does charge the iPod. I love the setup, it's exactly what I wanted. Granted, I don't get the playlist control from the headunit but I didn't really care about that much anyway.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:49 PM
swb
04 TSX w/Nav

As promised more details on the DICE for those of us with the TSX.

I spent the entire week going back and forth with the Dice "Support" team. Here is how it went:
Them: Did you reset the unit.
Me: Uh you mean like the manual says to do? Yes in fact I can read and did do this.

Wait a day for further response...
Them: Try flipping the dip switches and reseting the unit.
Me: Uh sure like I did not already try this as well. Yep same thing. No dice.

Wait a day for further response...
Them: Try another iPod.
Me: Well okay however this kind of silly in the least since I know that using a different unit (HK's Drive +Play) with the same exact setup in my pickup and it works like a charm. But once again to humor you yes I did try that. And still no dice.

Wait a day for fruther response...
Me: Okay well call this number and they will send you a new unit.

Now I am thinking thats fine. I am willing to try another unit since this one is defective. So I call. Send us the unit on your dime and we will send you a replacement on your dime. WTF??? I don't think so.

Now I have tried killing them with kindness so far by jumping through their hoops but this is ridiculous.

Right now I have a request into Enfig to help me out as well as asked that this be escalated within DICE. Yes I am a realist and understand that I am likely totally screwed however I hope this is helpful and gives further evidence that DICE formerly (I believe) Denison clearly does not have their act together here.

Will update later as to what happens next. In the meantime I would think twice about going down this path if you are considering a DICE unit for your TSX. They could surprise me here and follow through, and I will let you guys know either way.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:38 PM
4th Gear

Watch out if you send your unit back. I sent my defective unit back and there telling me they have no record of receiving it and will not credit my credit card account.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Just return it for a refund & save the hassle. If it didn't work the 1st time another unit is not going to. Really what are the chances the unit is defective? They say that to everyone. Everyone who has exchanged it has the same problem with the replacement.
Anyway, if you have to return it cause it may be defective, it's not a good product.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Scru U guyz, Im Goin Home

I deal with Dension on a daily basis. Their RnD sucks ass and their QC is even worse but unfortunately it's the best product on the market right now IMO(when it works.) I've made a habit of ordering at least two at a time when ordering from them weather Icelink or Dice; and sometimes that doesn't even work. Although their product is getting better, compared to 2 years ago, it's far from 1 I'd call reliable. I learned never to sell them over the counter cuz selling a potentially defective product is bad business, If we do the install at least we can make sure that it works. And from what I've seen if it works out of the box it continues to work.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:49 AM
swb
04 TSX w/Nav

Well against my better judgement I decided to give Dice another try. I was able to get the vendor to take the unit back at their cost and they were going to send a new one back to me. Keeping my fingers crossed here that they follow through and that the new unit works right.
With comments like Boku's and others I have read it sounds like the consensus is that they are just flaky. Which I can understand to a degree as it really is evident that our HUs are just not very friendly.
All of that said if this replacement does not work I am just going to bag the whole thing and use a crappy FM unit. Gotta say though that I absolutley love my Harman Kardan Drive +Play that I have in my pickup. Only problem setting that up in the Acura is it requires you to drill holes which is something I would really like to avoid at all costs.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Damnit!!!!! I can't believe I found this thread too late. I looked around online and since I had read so many people say good things about the Ice-Link, I called Dension. They mentioned the Dice product which was to replace the Ice-Link. I ordered it earlier this week. CRAP!!! Now I have nothing but a pain in the ass to lok forward to, eh? Strangely enough, I never received an e-mail with tracking number like they promised. Maybe I can still call and cancel. Seems strange they wouldn't have shipped it by now though.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Photoshop Junkie

I bought a Neo Ion off the Black Market a couple of weeks ago and finally got it installed today. Works great! I can control my volume, change tracks, charge my iPod--all from one cable. And it sounds a helluva lot better than the cheap ass tape adapter I was using before.

This is the one I have:

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/productdet...3&productID=14

So far, I highly recommend it!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:40 PM
4th Gear

Does anyone know if the Neo-Ion supports Video Ipod? I have a new 80G Ipod and I couldn't get it to work with the icelink plus. I'm wondering if that would be the same problem for the Neo-Ion. Also, I wonder if the Ipod can still play video once plugged in with Neo-Ion?