New Car Alram that Pages the Remote for any violations

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001 | 10:37 AM
Racer

Question New Car Alram that Pages the Remote for any violations

I just had the CrimeStopper II Car Alarm System installed on my TL-S. This alarm syustem has just about every single security feature you can think of plus a remote starter.

Additionally, the remote that comes with it displays a picture of a car and graphically displays which area of the car is being violted. The alarm system pages the remote, making it beep if anything happens to the car within a Mile radious. The guy that istalled it sounded very proffessional and said that he had been in the installation business for 15 years and has direct relationships with the distributors.

He installed the alarm system over the factory alarm system in the TL-S. He mentionned that due to certain factory configuartions he had to install the alarm a certain way in order to ensure that no problems occur.

Here's the thing, the factory alarm sounds the factory alarm and the TL-S's horn simultaneously when it goes off. But now with the new CSII installation only the alarm sounds. The installer says that due to the circuitry of the car he can't make them both the alarm and horn go off. I don't like that at all because the car's hood is insulated to keep ingine noise down, but also makes the alarm sound very low as well. That sucks.

The other thing that sucks is that to execute the remote start, I have to first disarm the alarm, hit the remote start button, and wait about 15 seconds for remote start confirmation, then rearm the alarm again so that no one can get in my car. Normally, one only has to hit the remote start button and the alarm is supposed to take care of disarming and rearming the alarm. If I try to do that without disarming the alarm first, the factory alarm will sound with the horn and everithing. It's weird but that is the best the guy could do.

Also after I remote start the car and get in to drive it, I must first insert the key turn it to the drive position, hit the breaks and wait for two beeps after about 15 seconds until the remote start is disabled and normal driving operation can begin. If I start to drive before the 15 seconds are up, a bunch of lights on the dash go on, and wont turn off until I turn off the car. When I turn the car back on the, Check Engine light will remain on for ever, or until I unplug and plug the batery back on. That sucks too. I want total confort and I don't want to have to work around sh*t or be carefull about sh*t.

They worked on my car for many hours trying to make everything work out but this is the best they could do. I believed the guy at the time because I just didn't know better, but there must be a way to make the alarm and horn sound together and have a complete automatic remote start without having to disarm and rearm and not have to wait 15 secons.

Please let me know what type of configurations you guys have and let me know if I can remedy my situation. I love all the alarm features and tha fact that it pages me within a mile, but I don't like the associated inconveniences. Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the long-winded letter. I live in Brooklyn NY. If you know a place I can take my car within 100 miles please let me know and I will go.
Old 06-23-2001 | 11:28 PM
Racer

Thats a very nice alarm, but the installer guy fed you some bullshit about how good he was, good luck though!
Old 06-25-2001 | 02:13 PM
Racer

yeah probably. But I want to know what other security setups are out there and how I can modify mine.