Need some help !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Save driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help !!

Hello everyone,

I think it is my first time post somthing here.

I am driving a 00 TL, I had replaced all 4 speakers and the head unit. However after i replace the head unit i can hardly hear any bass from the stock Sub at the back. Is the stock sub is not working after i replaced the head unit ? or what ?

If i want to have a better bass from the sub, should i just replace the stock SUB or i have to replace the amp and sub? I am only looking for some more base to balance with all four of my speakers. What should i do ?

I have a 10" 500W single 4 Ohm Impedance SUB with me right now. Can i use it ?

Plz Help

THANKS alot !!

KC
Old 06-02-2005, 05:52 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome!

If you go to the sitcky thread about 3rd from the top of the AV forum, called Master DIY thread or something like that, you will find a section just on your TL with this info in it.

There is an amp just for the sub. When you pull the OEM HU the Bose amp is no longer getting signal.

You *can* splice some RCA's onto the signal wires, attach them to your HU RCA outputs, and make it work, but that sub is probably pretty old and performance will be poor no matter what.

I am testing a r deck replacement sub and amp package next week... : ) Stay tuned.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Save driver

I am using the Kenwood KDC-MP4028, it has a Sub preamp output. If i wire it to the back of my new 10" sub with that be better ?

I am not sure the KENWOOD Sub output have enought to put the 10" sub i got !!
Old 06-03-2005, 12:59 AM
VP Electricity

See the diagram here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~krisnlore...ircuit%202.jpg

There is an org/blue and a blue/grn that go from the EQ to the OEM sub amp. The sub amp is mentioned as being behind the R seat so you hav to pull the trunk liner to get to it. You want to cut these and splice a 2F to 1M RCA Y with the Male end chopped off into these wires.

Do NOT confuse these colors with the identical colors going from the HU to the speakers.

The org/blu is the (-) wire, that would go to the shield of the RCA. The blu-grn is the (+) wire, that would go to the center pin of an RCA. It's a mono signal so you need a "Y" adapter for two-channel input.

Good luck!
Old 06-03-2005, 01:00 AM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by kcho1200
I am using the Kenwood KDC-MP4028, it has a Sub preamp output. If i wire it to the back of my new 10" sub with that be better ?

I am not sure the KENWOOD Sub output have enought to put the 10" sub i got !!
Again, I am not sure what you are talking about. If you have a 10" sub, don't jack with the OEM sub - just get a new amp for your new sub.

Your HU can't run a sub with the RCA jack - that's only to feed an amp!
Old 06-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Save driver

It helps very much, thanks

Sorry about the bad english !!!