Need Help With the CL Bose system

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help With the CL Bose system

Yes its been asked a million times but i want to know what i will need to do to replace it. At first i had issues with alternator whine and still do and now the stereo has a very high pitched almost beep like sound when the music is low. From what i read its just because bose is overrated and not so good. So far i have a Alpine CDA-9886 and a type r 15 powered by an alpine amp. I want to know what it would take take to install an alpine stereo amp. I was thinking of just finding the bose amp and figure out which wires are the speaker outputs and connect those to the outputs on the new amp, then run rca's from the headunit. And yes i plan on replacing the speakers with type r components in the front and type r coaxials in the back. Would this work?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
To be short, and answer your question, yes it would work.

If I were you, I'd replace all the speaker wire with good stuff. That's what I did. It was kind of a pain in the ass to get it into the door and whatnot, but it was worth it if you ask me...

by the way, nice choice on the HU. My buddies got one, and I have the 9884, and I love 'em both...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Racer

Sounds good thank you for the help. Yeah at first i didnt like the HU but then figured out that there are 4 different frequencies to adjust for bass Now im sold on it. Do you think the setup im looking it will sound better then the bose?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
The sound of a new system mostly depends on the install itself. i personally don't like the way Type-R's sound. But, if you've heard them and like them, then yes, you will probably enjoy the sound more with your new set-up than the current bose. The Type-R 15 will definitely give you a lot of bass. I just hope you have a good sized amp, because those things are hungry. Also, you're probably going to need to upgrade your electrical a bit, depending on which Alpine amps your running. If you could get me a link to the amps, that'd be great.

Are you putting all of this in yourself, or are you having a shop do it?

Also, make sure you get good wire for all of this. The wiring is one of the most important things in an install...

Either way, good luck, and feel free to ask more questions...
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is the bose amp, I had mine replace twice under warranty for the same problems you are describing. Can't help you with replacing it though.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Racer

The amp I am using is the alpine MRP-850 like the product number it has 850 watts rms @ 2 ohms. As for speakers I figured alpine was a high quality company because i like their HU and Subs so i figured i would like the speakers. As for stereo amp Im looking at the Alpine MRP-F350 which shouldnt be too much of a draw electrically. I Also have a 1 farad cap hooked up to the Mono amp. And yes i do this all myslef