TL: Need help with 2006 TL Navigation!!

Old 06-19-2017, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help with 2006 TL Navigation!!

Hi there Acura owners and car enthusiasts, I need your help! I own a 2006 Acura TL. Its in great condition. However, last night I was driving and suddenly my navigation screen started downloading either an update or new software as I was in the middle of driving. A screen with green loading bars began loading. But suddenly with 3 bars left to go in the downloading/updating, my screen gltiched and another message came up saying "do not turn off the engine." However after 10mins more of driving and the screen hadnt made any progress and it seemed to be frozen. So i eventually turned my car off. Since then, its had a night to regather itself. But when I checked it the next morning i was getting glitch type marks on the screen which tended to flash a little bit in a pulsing manner. Ive also gotten verticle lines on my screen that look like white and black jail bars. So at this point I know theres something obviously wrong with my nav system. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? Thank you for your help in advance, it means alot!!
Old 06-19-2017, 01:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My guess is it did not fully install which is why it said do not turn off. I would disconnect the battery for a while and see if the screen tries to download again. Click the key to acc do not fully turn on the car see if it comes on. I would not have fully turned the car off in your case just click it once back to turn off engine. Hope you get it fixed. Im new to the site but just thought it might help.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:18 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
i think your DVD drive is on it's way out.
the car doesnt download any software...when it says "loading do not turn off engine" it's actually getting GPS info...ya know...aligning up with satellites and shit. it usually or only does this after you place a disc inside the DVD drive in the trunk, or after a hard pull of the car's battery.

what convinces me that your drive is on it's way out is...the screen tears. and glitchy block type marks. the dvd drive is malfunctioning and thinks you recently did a hard reset or have inserted a new disc

Search this Thread