Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which navi unit is a better one? I'm ready to install

I'm ready to purchase one of these two navi units. The:
Kenwood P-nav6019 ddx-6019 + kna 6510
Pioneer-Avic D2
I'm looking for a unit to fill up the double din space in my TL. I want the navi unit to provide great detail pics on the DVD source and the Navi guide to be on point. If anyone has experience w/these units please let me know which one is the better unit to purchase, Thanks.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

come on this site is supposed to help people out. Can someone answer this question
Old 07-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
someone on the 1st gen is selling a navi unit..check around
Old 07-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

i have the avic-d1. the thing is great. honestly, i HATE using the navi in my mom's 05 odyssey after being used to my avic. theres so much more options and features. i like the fact that you can have a different source for the dvd player so you can use both navi and dvd at the same time. im not sre if you can do that with the kenwood but i knoe the avic can do that with a external dvd player.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:36 AM
Advanced

what year you have whats the double din(thanks)
Old 08-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Loose Cannon

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
get the pioneer avic z1, voice command, you can get bluetooth adapter for your phone, ipod adapter, and xm or sirius satelite radio. it fills up the double din space too.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Instructor

Does anyone have any experience with how these "all in one" things stack up to a REAL navigation system like Garmin? I used to own a Garmin StreetPilot and that thing was so far and away better than ANY navigation system I've ever used that came stock with a car. I just can't see these "all in one" things doing the navigation very well. Anytime I've ever seen something try to do that much all in one package, it inevitably fails on many points.

So, has anyone used a Garmin StreetPilot and can comment on how it stacks up? I have actually considered getting the dash that is for Navi but instead of putting the stock system in, install this instead...

http://www.garmin.com/products/sp7500/

That way, it would not only be better than stock, but would be up where it was more easily seen. I don't even see the point in having a map so low on the dash (as where the stock stereo is) to be of any use or in any way "safe" at all.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are pros and cons of each, but it's hard to beat the integration of the all in one units. I had a portable for awhile and I just got tired of all of the wires, taking it down when I parked, and also how busy it makes the dash. It does have the advantage of portability tho. So it's kind of a matter of personal preference.

The Stock navi just looks so clean too. In the TSX the stock navi is actually the best I've ever tried. It has a a/c control, hackable startup screen, calendar, Zagat restaurant reviews with phone numbers, speech control, and 8" touchscreen. Go test drive a TSX with that and compare that to the Garmin. Then you can make your choice.

Last edited by Tsx536; 08-10-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

I love my D1. It's the same as the D2, more or less. I don't know what the difference is. The navi function is amazing. It knows where I am. It reroutes me if I go pass my turn, The voice guide is on cue. I'm amazed by it.
I love the fact that they've included Canada since I went several time in the last couple year and always had some problem.
The only drawback I'm experiencing is that the map is about 2 years behind. The new community where my inlaws live is about 2 year old, and it doesn't "see" the street that their house is in, even though it can see the street before that. It's no biggie though. But if i'm going somewhere really far and my destination happens to be built a year ago, I might be SOL. I guess that's the draw back to having any type of navigation.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Loose Cannon

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CAB NEWYORK
what year you have whats the double din(thanks)
din =

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_%28audio%29
Old 08-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TRILIGHT
Does anyone have any experience with how these "all in one" things stack up to a REAL navigation system like Garmin? I used to own a Garmin StreetPilot and that thing was so far and away better than ANY navigation system I've ever used that came stock with a car. I just can't see these "all in one" things doing the navigation very well. Anytime I've ever seen something try to do that much all in one package, it inevitably fails on many points.

So, has anyone used a Garmin StreetPilot and can comment on how it stacks up? I have actually considered getting the dash that is for Navi but instead of putting the stock system in, install this instead...

http://www.garmin.com/products/sp7500/

That way, it would not only be better than stock, but would be up where it was more easily seen. I don't even see the point in having a map so low on the dash (as where the stock stereo is) to be of any use or in any way "safe" at all.
Kenwood has a double din 7" garmin navi system all in one. That's my original question. Which one is better, the Kenwood or the Pioneer?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:26 PM
6th Gear

The Pioneer Z1 is by far the best navigation unit on the market right now. I have one that I have in my 2005 STi and I love it. I am actually selling it because I am selling the STi so if you have any questions or are interested in purchasing let me know.