Navi RGB Connector Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi RGB Connector Questions

Now that I'm real close to getting my Type-S Navi, I'm been researching all the information on this site about converting composite signals to RGB using the Pioneer AVCRGB1. I understand the basics, but have a couple of questions about this (what seems to be a proprietary) RGB connector:

1. Is this RGB connection to the Navi LCD Panel the same as a Japanese PS Game RGB SCART connector, or it is proprietary to the Pioneer line of LCD Displays? If so, could you not just use one of these to connect to the Navi LCD Panel (in principle only)See web pic:
http://www.hkml.com/images/ps/ps%20hi/91700.jpg

2. Does anybody have a pic of what the RGB connector on the back of the Navi Panel looks like? How about a picture of one of those standard Pioneer brand RGB cables to daisy chain two AVCRGB1's together? See web pic:
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/carau...es/avcrgb1.jpg
I've scoured images.google.com and can't find any good picture to help me visualize this.

Thanks in advance,
Los

Old 02-12-2002, 11:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Los,

As the inventor of this mod, let me try to help you out here.

1.) No the RGB connection on Pioneer's propriatary 20 pin connector is not RGB SCART. It's analog RGB + composite sync. The 20 pin connector has many more functions than just RGB.

2.) Sorry no picture of the plug, but I can tell you it's made by Mitsumi Mfg. in Japan. If you wanted to get the male plug to go into the the AVC-RGB1 you will need to order the RGB cable from Pioneer parts (ask for the GEX-P7000TV RGB cable). The cost of the plug/cable it easier to just solder to the jumpers on the PCB. Oh, also that cable that goes between 2 or more AVC-RGB1's is simply a composite video cable (RCA type plugs).

Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:30 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Los,

SteveSMS is correct that the avcrgb1 produces rgb and a signal composite sync. The playstation connector would produce rgb and h sync and v sync. You cannot just wire both sync's together. You need to synchronize both sync's and I have not found any adapter to do such... only a schematic. I hope this helps you.