navi conversion/ps slim

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006 | 04:19 PM
10th Gear

navi conversion/ps slim

so i decided to buy dom's navi p-n-p converter for my 06 tsx. after playing with around with possible power supplies i decided to buy a converter for the 12v. this way all i do is plug in the converter into the cig lighter and run this wire to the trunk. i did it this way because i did not want to strip any stock wires. everything worked perfectly for about 10 min. then the screen started to shake. i thought the wires were loose, but this was not the problem. after a few min the screen switced back to the factory nav and no matter how hard i try i cant get it to work again. anyone have any advice. i admit i have no idea what i am doing and the only thing i have done with dom's converter is hook it up to a power supply and connect it to the back of the navi. (do i have to do something to all the green white etc wires? someone mentioned grounding it to me, how do i go about doing this). has anyone installed this without stripping any wires. please help, thanks you.
Old 08-26-2006 | 07:54 PM
Senior Moderator

you d have to ground them, and the existing ground bracket is in the trunk. Also i think you may have fried ur doms unit because of the pover converter. Also di dyou check that your switch wiring was still intact?
Old 08-26-2006 | 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by poleish1
after playing with around with possible power supplies i decided to buy a converter for the 12v.
this way all i do is plug in the converter into the cig lighter and run this wire to the trunk. i did it this way because i did not want to strip any stock wires.

everything worked perfectly for about 10 min. then the screen started to shake. i thought the wires were loose, but this was not the problem. after a few min the screen switced back to the factory nav and no matter how hard i try i cant get it to work again.

anyone have any advice. i admit i have no idea what i am doing and the only thing i have done with dom's converter is hook it up to a power supply and connect it to the back of the navi. (do i have to do something to all the green white etc wires? someone mentioned grounding it to me, how do i go about doing this). has anyone installed this without stripping any wires. please help, thanks you.
Please use paragraphs. Try to make it easy for people to help you.

> a converter for the 12v.

You mean a (12V) INVERTER ?

I'm not sure what you meant by "green white etc wires"
Keep in mind that Dom units sold thru the forum are NOT ALL 100% identical to each other !!! :shakehead

I can only tell you the obvious:
Go back to the instruction and READ carefully and start from step #1.
Old 08-27-2006 | 02:41 AM
10th Gear

thank you fukleberry. not sure if was an inverter or convert, its just for a 12v housephone so i used that for power. also, i picked it up at a store not on website. i would hope its not fried because this is the only time i turned it on and the red light was on. sorry for the broken english.
Old 08-27-2006 | 08:56 AM
Senior Moderator

i thought you had a tl, my bad, the doms unit has a few wires to be grounded, without them, the video woun't play.