TL: LOC Feedback help, please. Brand: Davidnavone

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,916 Likes on 14,458 Posts
Question LOC Feedback help, please. Brand: Davidnavone

Ok...here's my issue...when the LOC's outputs knobs are anywhere above "off" (furthest to the left from 10V output) I get static on the speakers...I've tried lowering input in conjunction to raising the gain on the amp to the point of having that amp at max gain to keep the LOC as low as possible...but it's still there.

It mimics engine revs and can be heard thru my bluetooth by the other person as a "hurricane of wind"...obviously feedback. It is mainly noticeable using bluetooth since there is no music to hide the noise..."0" volume or car off w/radio on produces NO feedback. Power wire is run from one side of the car and both rca's and front speaker wire on the other. Stock amp is connected and powering the center channel but all other speaker lines are cut and run to the DAVIDNAVONE LOC.

Is there something about that LOC I don't understand? Am I supposed to ground it? There isn't a grounding point wire or anything. I have a cheaper LOC in the rear from the sub but that seems to be uninvolved in my issue.

Any ideas? Monday I will give them a call...maybe a resistor went bad? I've had it for 6 months and don't recall it being annoying like it has been for the last few weeks.

Ok...so after calling David and upping the output from the LOC to max and lowering the gain on the amp, I can say that it still is giving me the feedback. It DOES NOT give it I switch the amp over to LPF...only on HPF and Full. It does feedback from the engine.

I regrounded and sanded the paint and everything...but can't pinpoint the problem. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Those loc's are good with 9v preout. If its hooked behind the deck it is probally to close to other electrical.
Just for referance my pillar mounted tweets are run from each side of my multi blocks and if the crossover get to close to other electrical componets it will do the same. If its behind the deck try to adjust it to a differnt spot.make sure rca's are not on top of any kind of power wires,try a diffent set of rca's.last,mount them right off your speakers.These can handle it.These are made to run from high level inputs with no problems.Also mounting them in the back you wont have to use a long set of rca's to the amp.No wire will over lap and your noise will be gone.