RL: linked remotes no nav settings. unlinked nav settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 12:04 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
linked remotes no nav settings. unlinked nav settings

riddle me this

2005 RL
i finally added the driver 1 remote.(programmed both remotes at the shop)
scenario1:
remotes unlinked. car remembers nav settings such as home info, screen colors. map settings etc but i have no access to keyless entry settings like all doors unlock. disable easy entry steering wheel etc
scenario2:
both or one key linked
car remembers all the keyless entry settings like seats and steering wheel position and all the other gauge cluster settings
but the nav settings are reset every time i turn the car off
and personal information buttons are greyed out so i cant set home or anything else
the colors, voice feedback and all other nav settings reset every time i turn the car off
the only aftermarket box i have is the GROM usb adapter and sat radio unplugged
i tried with 2 different radios
have updated nav dvd
tried resetting and loading the maps again and again. and nothing happens
still either this or that but not both.
wasnt there an acura customer service line that deals with nav problems specifically?
run the shop scanner and no codes no issues detected with any electrical systems

also in my understanding the personal settings wont be saved if the remote is unlinked but mine seems to be backwards

Last edited by fuzzysig; 08-26-2017 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:46 AM
Racer

at first i thought it wasnt detecting the remotes at all but then after looking at diagnostic screen it seems that its detecting it backwards
when remotes are paired the car detects driver 1 and 2 but nav system detects guest
when remotes are not linked the nav detects the correct remote and shows it on the screen
im using a 2009 stereo now but it was same with the original stereo

anyone more familiar with the acura systems in general?
how do they communicate and which module is responsible for detecting this sht etc
Old 10-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Racer

anyone can throw me some ideas?
or maybe tag the resident electronics guru in teh forums that can maybe take an educated guess why this is happening?
its really ridiculous and i dont know how this system works to even try to troubleshoot it