Just wandering...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wandering...

I've seen somewhere on here that someone installed a nav system from a wrecked TSX into a non nav unit but... is it possible to simply hook up some sort of after market nav system to the factory nav head unit? I figure if I can just find a wrecked nav tsx and get the head unit I can hook up some other type of nav sys to it. don't know if this makes to much sence. if anyone has any ideas for me I'd really appreciate it

steven
Old 10-13-2004, 05:06 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
The RGB picture should work fine but unless the nav unit was made for exactly the same screen ( unlikely - 8" touch screens themselves are rare), then the touch screen operation would not work.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats kinda what I figured the big problem would be... I still like how the dash looks with the screen in it, is it possible to just use the monitor and stereo part of the nav head unit? would I need to get a nav ecu or anything else?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Check out this thread for some ideas:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15157

I heard conversion from a NON-Navi to factory navi would be rather difficult and expensive at this point. Maybe down the road after it has been done, a conversion kit will come out...until then you're going to have to know a lot about the TSX wiring and be able to do a lot of the work yourself in order to get it done at a reasonable price.