Ipod your car: How about the Neo iOn?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod your car: How about the Neo iOn?

Hey guys, just browsing around today and I came across this Ipod adaptor. I searched through the forums and couldn't find any mention of it. It's called the Neo iOn and it plugs into the stock system making it think you have a cd changer. Install seems simple enough. From what it says, it allows you to control it with the stereo, steering wheel control or the ipod itself.......why am I typing all this??? Just follow this link, there's a video explaining everything.

http://www.cartv.com/content/researc...L/vcat/Car_Tip

Tell me what you guys think. Maybe you have better options.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TontonPoulet
Hey guys, just browsing around today and I came across this Ipod adaptor. I searched through the forums and couldn't find any mention of it. It's called the Neo iOn and it plugs into the stock system making it think you have a cd changer. Install seems simple enough. From what it says, it allows you to control it with the stereo, steering wheel control or the ipod itself.......why am I typing all this??? Just follow this link, there's a video explaining everything.

http://www.cartv.com/content/researc...L/vcat/Car_Tip

Tell me what you guys think. Maybe you have better options.
Wow,

Good find. I checked out the website and they do have a solution for my car (2005 TSX w. Navi).

Thank you.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I'm a girl

I saw that and it is more than twice the price of the blitzsafe adapter, though with the blitzsafe adaptor you can't use the forward button to skip to the next song on the steering wheel, but you can use the volume controls.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Terigan...

Anyone ever tried the Monster iCruze? $99, not that much, sounds pretty cool.

http://store.monstercable.com/iCruze...r1_results.asp
Old 02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Faster, please.

They don't actually make the Neo Ion unit for the TSX, it's false advertising. I ordered one and what I got was the Dension IceLink Plus. I called to complain as I'm sure not disclosing an actual product is somehow illegal, but I ended up figuring I'd keep it anyway as there really was no loss on my part. The Dension is working great, but you might as well just go to Best Buy and walk out with the piece instead of paying for shipping and having to wait. If you have navi you'll still have to order the y-harness, though, Best Buy doesn't sell them.

I guess I did lose something in the end - shipping costs. I can't be bothered with sending it back though.