iPod options out there?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:48 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod options out there?

Hey guys. I would just like to ask what the current best options are out there for hooking up my iPod to my 04 TSX w/ NAV. Here's what I've heard:

Blitzsafe: apparently the new adapter is never coming out
Ice-Link: seems to make the iPod display go funky.
Monster: have no idea, but I expect to pay a nice chunk more for some unnecessary gold somewhere in this thing.

Can you guys add to the list? Got any comments? I have read through the forums, but want to make sure I know what the best options currently are.

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the community!

Old 08-16-2005, 08:48 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
No matter what I say, someone will point out that I sell the damn things, so might as well do it for them:

I SELL THESE. IF THEY DON"T WORK I HAVE TO REFUND THE MONEY. THAT MIGHT BE A CONFLICT FOR ME, BUT I DOUBT IT : )

Blitz has just started shipping an adapter that is compatible with the 04 (your car and mine). They are NOT shipping one that is compatible with the 05 with XM.

Icelink changes the iPod display while it's docked... but I've never seen a funky iPod display in an Icelink, and I've never even heard of one before. Not sure I agree with this statement. IMO the Icelink is your best solution for an 04. You DO need to wire it into the Honda Acura harness referred to in the FAQ thread aboutthe SHOND AUX in adapter (we sell those prewired if you care). My two recommendations: 1) Don't buy from Best Buy - their firmware is old, and on top of that they're effing morons, and 2) get the cable version and put the icelink in the center console, rather than the cradle dock version that won't fit in there and needs to be out in the open.

The Monster: Is this thing TSX compatible yet? I hadn't heard of one that was.

I would add the SHOND3 as an audio-only solution that would work (and did for a long time until the Icelink Plus came out).

Question for you: How much do you car about track and playlist controls? If you only use Shuffle in the car, then you may not care about it.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:50 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I wasn't clear that SHOND3 would work as an audio-only solution. I thought it acted as a converter from an analog audio signal to an AUX signal. So I don't get it. But if it does work as an audio-only solution, I think I'd like that - it seems simpler and I wouldn't mind controlling everything from my iPod. I like to have all the control that the iPod gives me, and I was skeptical that the solutions wired to my car controls would give me enough control.

I've also seen some comments about a Pioneer interface. Does anyone have any comments on that?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Does anyone have any information about this product by alpine (VPA-B211A)? Would it be possible to hook this up to our nav system and interface the ipod that way?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:56 AM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
What I am wondering is how Acura managed to get an audio IN port on the dash for an IPOD on the 06 (assuming this is standard equip for XM or non XM) WITHOUT a switch?? I would love to do this, but I don't want to give up XM, or install a switch. Any thoughts? Anyone know if this can be retrofitted to an 05? I have given up on steering wheel controls, let alone a dislpay on the Nav screen... Sorry for the hijack..