IPod controls on the new BMW.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:36 AM
GEB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPod controls on the new BMW.

Have you guys seen the new comercial for the BMW stereo that has built in controls for the IPOD. What a smart move by BMW to give their customers such a great option. I wish Honda would step up for their customers like that ... could have made their 6 cd changer play MP3's! Why are the car makers so slow when it comes to stereo's? Anyone hear any new news about blitzsafe's IPOD adaptor?
Old 07-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally Posted by GEB
Have you guys seen the new comercial for the BMW stereo that has built in controls for the IPOD. What a smart move by BMW to give their customers such a great option. I wish Honda would step up for their customers like that ... could have made their 6 cd changer play MP3's! Why are the car makers so slow when it comes to stereo's? Anyone hear any new news about blitzsafe's IPOD adaptor?
Nah the BMW thing is kinda wack. All it does it connects to your IPOD to the stereo for a couple hundred of dollars. I think if you have NAVI, and most premium systems they have can't do it. It sits in the glove compartment hidden. There is no display output on the radio or anything. But one thing cool is that you can control it thru ur steering wheel, but you can only play stuff from your preset play list.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally Posted by GEB
I wish Honda would step up for their customers like that ... could have made their 6 cd changer play MP3's!
The new Corvette's does.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally Posted by Rod
The new Corvette's does.
That is nice, but it not big deal to get a ipod to work with the car. If you have aftermarket plug into the aux in or a cd changer plug. If you have a OEM you have to get a adaptor like blitz.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:22 PM
GEB
Racer

Originally Posted by fusionnv
That is nice, but it not big deal to get a ipod to work with the car. If you have aftermarket plug into the aux in or a cd changer plug. If you have a OEM you have to get a adaptor like blitz.
It's a big deal if you can use your stereo controls to control the IPOD. I currently use a cassette tape adapter because I'm waiting on the blitzsafe IPOD adaptor. I have a CreativeLabs Zen with a remote. The unit sits in the top shelf of my center console, the remote sits on the center console between the shift boot and the cup holders.

If and when Blitzsafe comes out with an IPOD thing, I will change over to an IPOD. I listen to my MP3 player all the time. If I could control it via my stereo controls, it would be worth the money.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally Posted by GEB
It's a big deal if you can use your stereo controls to control the IPOD. I currently use a cassette tape adapter because I'm waiting on the blitzsafe IPOD adaptor. I have a CreativeLabs Zen with a remote. The unit sits in the top shelf of my center console, the remote sits on the center console between the shift boot and the cup holders.

If and when Blitzsafe comes out with an IPOD thing, I will change over to an IPOD. I listen to my MP3 player all the time. If I could control it via my stereo controls, it would be worth the money.
I assume you don't have an CL or waiting for a different type of Blitzsafe. I saw some people with a kit on Cls. But all it does it lets u put an input in the CL. You can't control it via steering wheel. If you have an aftermarket head unit, there is an extremely good chance you can use the aux input or the cd changer thru an adaptor. On the aftermarket the option to do this (like 30 bucks or less). A lot less than a Blitzsafe device ($120+). If you want to control it maybe you should get a navi pod ( http://www.tentechnology.com/ ) and program it thru a PAC (http://www.virtualo.net/index.asp?Pa...WPROD&ProdID=5). You still have to find a way to connect it to the car system (cord or blitzsafe). Then you can program the remote learner to control the ipod.

EDIT: I looked up about the ultimate adaptor they making, it probably be really expensive.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Instructor

I think this (called the ice link) allows you to use the steering wheel controls too. Do you guys know who make the device in the bimmers?
Old 07-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally Posted by simean
I think this (called the ice link) allows you to use the steering wheel controls too. Do you guys know who make the device in the bimmers?
Sweet they make one for my kenwood head. Hmm where is the order button.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:22 PM
GEB
Racer

I think the BMW unit comes from Apple!

I'm waiting on the adaptor from Blitzsafe that actually allows you to control your ipod from your stereo controls. I know I can spend $100 and use my existing setup and get better sound ... I just don't want to spend the money now if Blitzsafe is releasing this within the next few months.