TSX: Intertrack Breaks on Burned DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 01:15 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intertrack Breaks on Burned DVDs

Using Circlinca Audio Solo to burn (2.0X) dvd-audios with HDtracks or Linn Records lossless downloads (96/24, 88/24), either directly as FLAC files or using ISO images, I have noticed in either case that separation of tracks is not always well preserved in the ELS system playback of my '13 TSX. During intertrack gaps, I hear a fleeting echo prior to the new track, or a gap that sounds like a crude splice. For me this detracts from listening. I have only heard it with dvd-audios burned with multi-track classical downloads, and only on some recordings. The problem occurs regardless of using + or - discs, single or dual layer discs, Verbatim or Memorex. I do not have the Circlinca box checked that removes intergaps. I have not heard the problem on any commercial dvd-audios. It only occurs with a few of the burns I have done with downloaded material. When playing the same dvds giving ELS problems on my Oppo player at home or on my iMac using VLC player, playback is problem-free and without these glitches. I conclude this is with a minor reading error in the ELS player for specific recordings. Does anyone have a similar experience or workaround?