installing a basslink

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 04:53 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installing a basslink

how hard is it to install a basslink (for someone who's never done anything more than change a factory stereo before). i'm really only concerned with running power wires cleanly, and hooking them up. also, if i buy one off of ebay, could i get it installed somewhere else? how much might that cost?

thanks.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Flap.

do it yourself... its real easy

lift up the plastic door things and put the power wire there it runs right under the carpet and under the back seats.

i dont know how much an install would cost you, but it really isnt that hard.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Instructor

is there a good place to put the wired remote gain knob? will it fit into one of the holes in the console that has a cover over it?
Old 04-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Cruisin'

I put my remote gain knob between the storage console and the cup holder, with the knob pointing towards the front of the car. When I want to adjust the level, I open the cupholder door and reach in to tweak the knob. There is a cutout in the back of the cupholder that is perfect for the knob to stick through just enough to get hold of without being in the way.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Instructor

not quite sure i understand...did you cut a hole in the side of the cupholder? got any pics of it?
Old 05-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Cruisin'

I don't have a good place to host a pic, but maybe... let me try to re-phrase it better... Take the insert out of your cupholder. Look at it, and you'll see there is an opening that, when installed, is towards the back of the car. You can mount your remote level to the part of the console that isn't removable so the knob sticks throught that slot in the cupholder when you re-install it. If you are sitting in the driver's seat, looking straight down, the adjustment knob will be facing the front of the car with the wires coming out (into the CD storage part) towards the back of the car. You may not even see the knob, but you can easily feel it and adjust it with the cupholder insert in place. If I still didn't say it quite right, I can get some pics and find a host for them.

Mine is an '01 and it worked perfectly. I replaced the insert with one from a new model that holds small cups better and it still works, but the opening for the knob is smaller and it is a little less convenient.