Image Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Image Dynamics

How are image dynamic subs? Are they of good quality do they hit hard yet have crisp clean sounding with great clarity if anyone has had any experience with these let me know thanks!
Old 11-13-2004, 06:24 PM
crc

i heard that image dynamics are suppose to be better and hit louder than the w7, it is more accurate and most important cost a lot less
Old 11-13-2004, 07:31 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I hesititate to say this, but oh, well.

ID subs are very good drivers.

And so much else goes into a driver sounding like that (the way you describe) BESIDES whether or not it's a good driver - your amp (not just watts), your box, the way the mids up front play down to the xover point, etc.

If you don't know enough yet to have the rest of the system working for you very well, don't expect any one component to turn it around.

ID subs will NOT overcome poor install, system design, or other components.

It's not about the shoes. Michael Jordan.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:47 PM
who's right, who's wrong?

ID subs are nice, but I absolutely despise their customer service. I think there are some viable alternatives to ID, but as el duderino said, a shoddy install will make any decent sub sound like complete ass.

Personally, my beef with them is with their components (midranges specifically). There was a run of chameleons that had some burrs under the dust cap which caused some scratchy sounds. I know it's not that big of a deal, but I never had that problem with my MBQ's or my CDT's, and their customer service line never told me that such things were normal and to just pop the dust cap off and stick a file in there... No thanks.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Burning Brakes

I have never really been all that sold on ID subs. but that of course might be influenced by the fact i manufacturered my own subs for quite a while and in many ways were far better than most. however for the average user i dont think your going to notive much difference between brands. its obvious that when comparing different equipment from different manufacturers. things can be missunderstood. for example if 1 guy has ID max and the other JL and the ID "sounds better" i would ask were the 2 systems installed in the same car with the same amp and the same box with the same music?
unless you can make a comparason like that side by side the differences may not be that apparent.
for me i would load both drivers into my software and run a simulation on a grap side by side. i would make my decision based on what subs gave me the best low frequency responce in the smallest space for the least amount of money.
then depending on what their power requirement was i would select my amp based on the available space, the features i wanted and the amount of money that fits my budget. dont get sold on name brands. i have seen many no name brands that stomp the mainstreem names and for a lot less money. remember that many people buy with their eyes and not their ears. even fewer buy with knowledge and facts.
if you would like someone to make a reccomendation and help you get the best bang for your buck i could help you reserach it. all you need to do is ask