If money wasnt an issue....what alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question If money wasnt an issue....what alarm?

Ok im sick of hearing about all these cars getting lights stolen and people get cars broken into and the stock alarm not going off.. i know i could get the shock sensor, but will that help if someone tries to break my window?

Well anyways, whats the best alarm thats out right now? Maybe with a pager system and a remote starter? ANything really cool out?
Old 08-06-2001, 12:42 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You can look into the Alpine alarm I got for my S2000....
http://home.earthlink.net/~socal28/s2k_alarm.htm
Old 08-06-2001, 01:24 AM
Safety Car

I like my alarm. Check my sig.
Old 08-06-2001, 10:47 AM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

that python has dual-stage shock, right?

did you look at the cliffords before settling on the python?
Old 08-06-2001, 10:48 AM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

nate - and how much did you pay for it?
Old 08-06-2001, 10:50 AM
Pro

I love my Clifford Alarm!
Old 08-06-2001, 10:57 AM
6th Gear

Clifford Alarm

I have a clifford Avant Guard 4, top of the line with every option. Its one of the best alarms you can buy. An alternative is the Alpine Mayday. That's a good comparison to the Clifford. I have had it for 2 years, it's great. Includes remote starts, battery backup siren, all 4 windows roll up and down, has anti-carjacking, glass sensor, dual stage shock sensor, dual stage perimeter sensor, tilt senor, and on an on. Everything is adjustable via the master remote or I can hook up my laptop and program everything in. If you want more info on the alarm let me know. I also have good relations with a Clifford authorized retailer, I can get you some prices on different models if you are interested. But I would say their build quality is second to none.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:36 PM
Banned

I'll second (or 3rd) a vote for Clifford. I had a Clifford Concept 100 installed on my '02 TL-S. This is my second Clifford system (my '97 Maxima SE has an older Clifford in it). In four years on the Maxima not one false alarm. The Concept line is the "lower end" of the Clifford stuff as it doesn't have anti-carjacking, perimeter trigger or remote window control. BUT, you can add almost anything to it piece by piece. I added the remote start only, and it already comes with dual-stage shock sensor, glass break sensor, etc. It does everything I want and nothing I don't need. Visit the Clifford web site (www.clifford.com) and you'll see they've got a bunch of systems from low end to high end. And they all have lifetime warranty.

More importantly, if I bang only moderately on or around my headlights the first of the dual-stage shock sensor activates. And yet heavy thunder doesn't set it off. Hopefully that'll discourage those light-thievin' ba$tard$.
Old 08-07-2001, 01:31 PM

I'll have to add a vote for Clifford and Alpine. I had a Clifford in one of my other cars, never had a problem with it, had tons of features. The lifetime warranty is a great extra, I think DEI is still honoring that after they took over Clifford. The Alpine has a lot of features as well and the Ai-Net unit (SEA-8081) is compatible with some of the Ai-Net Flagship units.

An alarm is an item you usually only buy once, and keep until it completely dies or you sell the car (and in which case, it is gone), so I'd recommend spending a good amount of money to get a quality unit.
Old 08-07-2001, 02:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I have to say Clifford also thats what I have. I have the IG8000 model & added stuff to it like pager & Dataport. I just wish I had got autostart but I can add that for about $120 to the system.
The built-in anticarjacking is what sold me on it. Now people have to worry about car headlights being stolen. Its the end of the world Iam telling you.""
Old 08-09-2001, 02:06 AM
Instructor

how much are these alarms running about?
Old 08-09-2001, 07:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by azndrgnkid
how much are these alarms running about?
Okay here are some prices on Cliffords from my installer. This was last years summer mailer they sent me. IG8000 what I have was regular price $650 the summer sale they had it for $550. Clifford Solaris reg price $800 sale price was $650 this model has remote built-in auto start remote adjustable dual zone impact sensor & other features. The Avant Guard 4 model would be about $900 but comes with more features & sensors standard. What you can do to some models is add options like I did. I got a Pager that was about $100 extra the Digital /Tilt Sensor was $50 G4 Siren with battery back- up was $70 (sounds if theif cuts power to siren or battery) I also added Cliffnet Port this allows user control over sounds options & diagnostics of the system from a PC. I can change alarm sounds to differ from other cars. I can change at anytime about 16 tones or turn on /off other featues via PC. I also added omni sensor. So if you wan't some features you can add or get lower model & leave out. The mid & upper end models all have standard built- in anticarjacking. Heres is list of standard features on all Clifford IG models except (IG6000). Standard Features include coded valet switch*Dual Zone Remote Adjustable Sensor* Dual Point Imobilization(stater&fuel or ignition) Anti -Codegrabing* Remote Valet *Anti False*Fact False Keyless Entry *Multi -Tone High output Programable Siren *Selectable Siren Duration times *Flashing Lights Remote Courtesy Lights*** BlackJax Anticarjacking System *Battery -Saving Mode *Remote Panic *Remote Chirp Silence
Lifetime Warranty * $3000 Theft Protection Guarantee This is all standard on IG7000,IG8000, Solaris, IG9000 ,AvantGuard 4 models. It all depends if you wan't other features added to your system AvantGuard 4 comes with about everything. The built-in self arming BlackJax Anticarjacking feature is a great feature that is standard on most the models listed above. The systems also have other features built- in like low remote battery & RPM autolock feature ( autolocks doors at certainRPM) this is a feature the TL should have had anyway but did not. This can be turned off by installer or if you have Data Port you can turn off as somepeople don't like this feature. The system also come with many more features standard.
Old 08-11-2001, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Re: If money wasnt an issue....what alarm?

Originally posted by Crzy Acura
.. i know i could get the shock sensor, ?
Are you saying that there's an add-on shock sensor for the factory unit?

Do any systems out there take advantage of what's already there in the factory alarm?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:08 PM
9th Gear

Dont listen to people who dont know what there talking about no matter kind of alarm (crimestopper,viper,clifford arrow you name it weve worked around it the best thing you can do is leave it stock and put it garage thats all you can do

LATER on

life sucks doesn,t it
Old 10-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
You get the award for reviving the oldest thread!!!!

I knew something was wrong when I started reading about Alpine alarms...