HONAUX4 mutes sound on any bump

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HONAUX4 mutes sound on any bump

For those of you that have a HONAUX4, mine seems to have developed a problem that has gotten progressively worse and now I'm at the point where I can't use the Auxillary function anymore (or CD-C function in this case).

So I installed the unit back in January, but my car has been sitting in my garage until about a week and half ago when I got new shoes (tires). So I started driving it around and it was fine until about three days ago when I noticed I hit a speed bump or pot hole or something like that and all of the sudden my sound coming from the CD-C felt as if it got muted. You could still hear the music but at such a low volume. I thought first I had hit something hard enough to pop the harness loose, but when I switched it to radio it came on just fine, then I switched it back to CD-C mode and it was fine then too. So throughout the three days, it has become progressively worse and now just driving down the street, the damn thing mutes.

Obviously, I sent an inquiry to Soundgate, but I'm also going to send my disapproval to Logjam (where i got it from). Anyway, my question is, any of you experienced the same thing with the unit or any unit from Soundgate?

There just isn't a whole lot of options out there for us TSX owners looking for an auxillary input. The only other option I have is the blitzsafe adapter"
Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I've had a snhond3 in my 04 for years with no issues.

Are you using a 1/8" stereo > 2 x RCA cable? Try a different one?

Check the connector that goes to the HU, make sure all the pins are all the way in the plastic connector and that none are pushed back slightly.

Another possibility is a bad solder connection internally.

AFAIK, these don't do any volume/signal processing, just send a signal on the control pins that a CDC is present so the HU will listen to what's coming in on the audio signal pins. Sounds like a bad connection and its just a matter of finding it.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the harness that connects to the HU, I did some diagnosis tonight. I barely tugged on the wire and it muted. I'll see if maybe just getting a new harness will do it, before I pull all of it out and send it back for an exchange.