Here is my system, tell me what you think

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004 | 11:28 PM
Racer

Here is my system, tell me what you think

Ok I went EBAY happy 3-4 yrs ago on my endless search for my favorite looking and decent quality as well, amps.

The Kenwood 23- series white/pearl amps.

I have 3 923's yeah 3
2 823's
1 723'

This is what the amps look like, I just found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....719049612&rd=1

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

This sick Lanzar amp from another one of my old cars.

I grew up with nothing but Kicker and Kenwood systems as a kid and I cant get away from it lol... If i wanted a REALLY good amp I would go with Kicker amps or the old school Phoenix Gold amps from the 1990's

I do not know what current kenwood amps have replaced the 23 series, every year they make a new one, i used to have a 9020, then it went to 921, then 923, etc etc

ok back to the stuff I have sitten for yrs all boxed up, 1/2 brand new. lol

4 6.5 inch Kicker speakers
4 Kicker ND25 1 inch silk or titanium ( forgot its been so long) tweeters... they were like $200 pair when they 1st came out.

1 pair Kenwood 6x9's that are so shockingly impressive sound and bass it boggles my mind they are only 6x9's. ( they only made this for one yr then stopped)

I have 2 Alpine head units (obviously dont need both)
that old $700 fancy dancing EQ that is the same size as the radio
1 Alpine 6 cd changer
1 Apline 12 cd changer Ai net
2 1 farad stiffening caps.

6 way sony crossover

I think I even have some bass controller, like the Epicenter ( told you its been so long I do not even know what I have)

I never put anything in any cars I since I bought most of this stuff (i just put in the cd changer and head unit and eq and these insane 6x9's) because I never wanted to keep the cars very long, I only lease them a few yrs, but will be keeping the Acura I just bought for 4 yrs and it is worth the $$ and effort to put this stuff in the car.

I need the trunk to be clear so I cant go big on subs IF I use subs at all, I may just stick to the 6 1/2 inch speakers if they fit, and tweeters. Dont want to go crazy with a system. But if I do I will go with Kicker Solobaric woofers. Probably 2 10 inch or 2 8inch, because I need just about all of the trunk space to be available to me for my work ( I am a real estate agent) and Solo's can be put in small boxes.

Would probably run 1 923 to each sub mono, if I get subs, run the 6 1/2s (if they fit) and I "think" ( gotta do my homework lol) the TL has 4 6 1/2 inch speakers or can fit them? ( I hope the kicker magnet isnt too big) then I have the tweets ( and have the little crossover boxes for each pair as well, I can only assume the 723 would be for those, I dont want to blow them.

I dont think I need 1/2 this shit, and I dont even know if I want to fuck with the stock head unit, maybe keep it. Just have to see if the 6 1/2 inch speakers fit, cause I would assume the stock speakers dont come close to the kicker speakers in quality and output.

Any opinions?
Old 09-22-2004 | 11:38 PM
My baby's daddy

use "lol" sparingly. Try not to hurt yourself. Set fire to your stock speakers. Go to a TL Meet in your area, listen to some real stereos. Get a good job at the Krystal Burger and save, save, save.

p.s. Pictures of Kenwood amps are really not necessary... I know, I am a bastard. Is late, i should be in bed. Its way past my bedtime
Old 09-22-2004 | 11:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rusky
use "lol" sparingly. Try not to hurt yourself. Set fire to your stock speakers. Go to a TL Meet in your area, listen to some real stereos. Get a good job at the Krystal Burger and save, save, save.

p.s. Pictures of Kenwood amps are really not necessary... I know, I am a bastard. Is late, i should be in bed. Its way past my bedtime
I only use Kicker speakers, (sorry i dont jump on the JL bandwagon).. I had 4 solobaric 12's and kenwodd 1023 ( going back to early 1990's) amps back in the day, bass used to make me nauseus, so I want to keep it sane this time.... and as far as amps, those kenwood bastids hold their own, Im not trying to win a SPL contest, just want a nice quality system and I think the kicker components and the tweets will make it nice, just need to decide if I want to throw an alpine unit in or just keep the stock, since it has the xm already..

as far as the kenwood pics... im 30 yrs old, not sure if many guys were guidos like me back in 1988 -1992,. so they may never have seen this amps lol.
Old 09-23-2004 | 12:49 PM
NYC... How Sweet It Is!!

This is one of the funny threads I've ever read. All I have to say is Good Luck with the System. And send pics of the finished system.
Old 09-23-2004 | 02:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Lucid4000
This is one of the funny threads I've ever read. All I have to say is Good Luck with the System. And send pics of the finished system.

SI holla! how old are you? you remember those amps or you a youngen?
I have too many fkin amps i need to maybe mount some on the wall of my bedroom for decoration.

I used to bang this hewa from SI lots of horny hairdressers out there, she was in tottensville.
Old 09-23-2004 | 04:21 PM
Safety Car

Ok heres my advice. I am also a huge kicker fan, just dont own any kicker anymore though. Get the kicker 5 channel amp, and use it for your interior speakers and get a single kicker Comp VR or a Solobaric L5. I am assuming one 10" L5 should be enough. I can find picture of one of my old system which had one solobaric 12 and I had alot of trunk space and it sounded good. Sell all the old stuff and get some up to date stuff. Take a look at the alpine 9831 for headunits and for speakers I think u already have good speakers.