Help Me Plan My New System / crazy plan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 03:46 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
You can also get that speaker wire adapter at Autotoys. It does help - the wires in the car are way short (if you are using them).
Old 11-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw that too ... I just couldn't wait to drop thoe 6x9's in ... had nothing else to do today

I was getting some fast food after class and saw the autozone right there, so I just walked in and there they were, Metra 7800S, $2 each.

-vasu
Old 11-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Racer

Jus tinstalled my blitzsafe aux input adapter, real easy install. I ran the rca wires from the portable sirius tuner along the side of the cd cubby. It makes the door open a little slow, but it'll be fine, and hids another cable.

Sounds good! No GLI installed, and very very little engine noise. I was only able to notice it around 5000 rpm, with the volume turned up, and in a garage with no road/wind/ac/music noise (could only hear it during the half second silence between channel changing)

-vasu
Old 11-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Racer

How should I go about installing 2 amps, rather splitting the rear 2 channels into 4 to run to 2 different amps?

Is there a LOC that'll convert 2 rca's into 4? Or could I just a standard rca y adapter that I'd use for home?

How do I peel front footwell carpet back (never done it before) to hide any crossovers or LOCs?

-vasu
Old 11-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Advanced

this forum needs a sub title - something like "Your TSX doesn't need a line output converter"

anyway, you don't need an LOC. you need to split a line-level signal. try the rca y-adapter. i ended up using an Audiocontrol Matrix which not only splits 2 channles into 4 or 6, but gives me independent control of the output channels.

peel away on the carpet in the footwell - there's not too much art to it. or you can hide crossovers, etc in the armrest area.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Racer

excellent. That's good to know about the Y adapter ... I misread the part in the faq about needed an LOC if using the back 6x9's for a sub, as meaning I needed one if splitting rear pre-amp out into 2 channels.

If splitting the rear pre-amp out, would this lower the voltage enough such that I'd have to turn up the gains a bit on the amp for those channels?

how can the crossovers be hid in the armrest area? do you route the wiring along side the center shifter area? can it be snaked into the armrest compartment somehow, does a hole need to be drilled?

I haven't taken apart this center shifter/cupholder area yet to see how it's all put together yet, and couldn't find pictures online, so I'm not sure how wires would route into the compartment.

-vasu
Old 11-12-2004, 03:38 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vasu

If splitting the rear pre-amp out, would this lower the voltage enough such that I'd have to turn up the gains a bit on the amp for those channels?

Maybe... let us know.

how can the crossovers be hid in the armrest area? do you route the wiring along side the center shifter area? can it be snaked into the armrest compartment somehow, does a hole need to be drilled?

Yes. Let us know how YOU do it.

I haven't taken apart this center shifter/cupholder area yet to see how it's all put together yet, and couldn't find pictures online, so I'm not sure how wires would route into the compartment.

I have taken it apart, and I have no idea. I just know it needs to be done.

In the old west, someone would have shot at you by now, and you're actually starting to resemble a troll. You're asking about stuff that will become apparent as soon as you do it.

Have more confidence and less fear.

ElD
Old 11-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Racer

It's a $30000 car that's less than a week old, I was just wondering if anyone's done it before and had a guide like with other stuff on here (soundgate install, etc)

Jesus christ i was just curious if someone had a similar install to share before i break something

-vasu