Has anyone installed the PD4 from audiolink...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 11:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone installed the PD4 from audiolink...?

I'm so freakin tired of the noise coming from my stereo. I have a JL audio amp powering my main speakers which are infinity. but the signal to the JL amp comes from the stock bose amp's outputs via rca line converters. Every ones in a while i would hear alternator noise.....specially when i turn the volume up and the base thumps. something seems to be loose and i think it's the plastic connector to the bose amp. i think i'm finally going to purchase the audiolink PD4, completely bypass the stock bose amp and use the PD4 as the go-between between my stock headunit and the JL amp. anyone have an experience with this unit, the PD4. i would guess it's small enough to fit near the head unit, right? i dunno...i'm just really tired of taking the system apart at the trunk to look for any loose connections. sometimes the sound would stay clean for 2 months then bzzzzzz...whhrrrrrrr.....i hear it. i give the area where the bose amp is located a little bump and it goes away. i constantly check everything, make sure no wires are exposed and that there are no loose connections. yet, it still comes back after weeks or a month. comments.......!! silver, you've taken your system apart so many times....you think a 5.5 x 5.5 x 1(LxWxH) inch PD4 unit would fit under the stock head unit? also, as discussed before, i should get a cleaner signal bypassing the bose amp completely, right? anyone, advice on this PD4 or the PD2 for that matter!!!