Hacking Navi (continue)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... this is the biggest response I've seen either of you have in... well, ever. So maybe I should keep in mind that, if I want an answer, I should insult you? *shakes head* Didn't I mention to someone somewhere on here that it really sucks to redo the work that other people have done? Yeah, so in the spirit of sharing let's publish what we know so it doesn't have to be releaned. Hence open source, open project goodness... oh the joys of documentation.

Anyway, onward.

I haven't been able to get your simulator working AK, I seem to be missing a file called "rtl.bpl". I'm not at home right now but if I extract all the files out of my XIP BIN file with your utility, should I have all the files I need?

Cheers,
inca
Old 02-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inca
Wow... this is the biggest response I've seen either of you have in... well, ever. So maybe I should keep in mind that, if I want an answer, I should insult you? *shakes head* Didn't I mention to someone somewhere on here that it really sucks to redo the work that other people have done? Yeah, so in the spirit of sharing let's publish what we know so it doesn't have to be releaned. Hence open source, open project goodness... oh the joys of documentation.

Anyway, onward.
I agree! In the spirit of open-source goodness, let's let bygones be bygones and move on in order to accomplish some really cool stuff. If we all put our brains together, we can accomplish a lot more than if we work alone. If I can be of any help, please let me know. I can get around Linux really well, and I can set up a testbed on one of my computers if need be. Please keep us posted, I'm really looking forward to playing with this.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Russians are coming

Anyway, onward.

I haven't been able to get your simulator working AK, I seem to be missing a file called "rtl.bpl". I'm not at home right now but if I extract all the files out of my XIP BIN file with your utility, should I have all the files I need?

Cheers,
inca
Redownload VirtualSH4.zip from the same URL. I put required dlls. I think now you should be all set. Have you downloaded the ROM image? Otherwise you will not be able to use the file AcuraTSX.vsh that describes it. I don't think you want to disassemble another one as I did for that image.

About opensource and so on. I don't think anybody from this forum knows Delphi well enough to do anything with sources of VirtualSH4. If I am wrong then I will send them personally. If you need sources of CEBIN then I can send them too.
But somebody said that his super program can do everything. Well, then you don't need my work.

I don't like such people. When I asked for help and cooperation almost nobody helped me. There were a lot of people who want to help but nobody had any expirience in programming. Then some guy released his super-puper program and said that I stole his code. Very funny. BTW, he said that he read my thread. Then why he didn't cooperate? Why I should cooperate with such guy?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Advanced

I just tried running the VirtualSH4 and i got that it failed to start because vclactnband70.bpl was not found???????? So you might be missing some more files in that zip.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Russians are coming

Originally Posted by critic81
I just tried running the VirtualSH4 and i got that it failed to start because vclactnband70.bpl was not found???????? So you might be missing some more files in that zip.
Hm... It means that some DLLs are loaded dynamically because I am sure that I included all DLLs mentioned in references.
OK, I will run it in clean environment to find out all DLLs that are required. But I think I will be at home after midnight.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Russians are coming

vclactnband70.bpl was the last DLL that is needed to run VirtualSH4. I test it on the machine where Delphi has never been installed.
You can download updated VirtualSH4.zip again or just vclactnband70.bpl
http://home.earthlink.net/~akonshin/...VirtualSH4.zip
http://home.earthlink.net/~akonshin/...actnband70.bpl

So, how to use it and what you can see.

You must download my bin image. It is not because I so like my image but bacause I did some work with that particular image and file AcuraTSX.vsh contains adresses for that image.
Edit path to the image in the file AcuraTSX.vsh.
After starting the programm click on File->Open and select AcuraTSX.vsh
Then you can set breakponts, execute one instruction at a time or just start execution. I had no intention to replicate IDA, so disassembler is very simple.

When OS starts its first process a new tab "Windows CE" is appear where you can see processes, threads and some system blocks.

On tab "Memory" you can see the content of physical memory. I was going to implement showing memory in virtual address spaces but it was not done.

Actually the most informative tab for me personally is "Log". You can see excecution trace with many events. You can filter events by type or by thread. You can select which columns to show.

The program emulates just a some built in devices. Timer and clock are fully implemented. For most devices I has implemented just some functionality that allows to initialize this device without errors. Of course I could implement it for all devices because sometime I just had no idea what is it and how to work with it.

There are some UI glitches. I know about them. For example, if you run one instruction at a time then sometime you need page up - page down to redraw the screen. It was not bothered me because I almost never used this mode. Sometimes it can crash, I know about it too.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Intermediate

AK217, I haven't had time to play with the latest simulator yet but I have done some basic recon of the electronic hardware. It's not finished, but here's the beginning of my findings (excel spreadsheet).

http://www.electronicdisposition.com...wtopic.php?t=4

I heard that Delphi is a graphical interactive programming language. Is it similar to LabVIEW VI's? If so, I'd be game to obtain your dev tools and play around with the code and possibly even make useful additions to it. Maybe. =)

I'm officially without a Navi until I finish the electrical characterization... I guess I better finish this sooner than later. =\

Cheers
Old 02-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Russians are coming

AK217, I haven't had time to play with the latest simulator yet but I have done some basic recon of the electronic hardware. It's not finished, but here's the beginning of my findings (excel spreadsheet).

http://www.electronicdisposition.com...wtopic.php?t=4

I heard that Delphi is a graphical interactive programming language. Is it similar to LabVIEW VI's? If so, I'd be game to obtain your dev tools and play around with the code and possibly even make useful additions to it. Maybe. =)

I'm officially without a Navi until I finish the electrical characterization... I guess I better finish this sooner than later. =\
Delphi is Object Pascal with component model like in MS Visual C# (actually C# inherited it from Delphi). The source code is not simple because performance was one of the goal of this project. For example, simulator understands Windows CE virtual memory control blocks and if possible resolves virtual addresses without raising MMU interruptions. So, it is actually more "smart" then real SH-4.
As I said, the emulator does not implement many devices and this is the problem.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:14 AM
Russians are coming

About your list of parts.
I have never disassembled my unit but I looked on photos was done by other guys, like these:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1

In you list I see the second CPU (16-bit H8S) and Q2SD controller(HD64413AF). I don't see them on that photos. As result I thought that Q2SD controller is built in in that big chip with CPU because I don't see any other big chips. I knew that there must be Q2SD controller somewhere because I saw how OS work with it.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

About your list of parts.
I have never disassembled my unit but I looked on photos was done by other guys, like these:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...re&conn_speed=1
Unfortunately there are 4 DRAM chips and the Flash chip underneath the paper cover of the PCMCIA slot and a lot of circuit board just on the other side of the pictures taken. I think the boards are 4 layer, though don't hold me to that.

In you list I see the second CPU (16-bit H8S) and Q2SD controller(HD64413AF). I don't see them on that photos. As result I thought that Q2SD controller is built in in that big chip with CPU because I don't see any other big chips. I knew that there must be Q2SD controller somewhere because I saw how OS work with it.
Yeah, they are on the other side of the board (not shown in the above pix). There is a lot of circuit on this unit.

What I am really curious about though are those large Mitsubishi chips. Are they just some kind of PLD, or PGA or are they large ROM chips storage of important things? I suppose this means I ought to finish the partlist then begin the wiring diagrams, as they will probably make things make sense.

Woohoo! I'm gonna need me a magnifying glass and tiny ass probes. God damn my eyes hate 0402 components. =)

Cheers
Old 02-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Russians are coming

Unfortunately there are 4 DRAM chips and the Flash chip underneath the paper cover of the PCMCIA slot and a lot of circuit board just on the other side of the pictures taken. I think the boards are 4 layer, though don't hold me to that.

Yeah, they are on the other side of the board (not shown in the above pix). There is a lot of circuit on this unit.

What I am really curious about though are those large Mitsubishi chips. Are they just some kind of PLD, or PGA or are they large ROM chips storage of important things? I suppose this means I ought to finish the partlist then begin the wiring diagrams, as they will probably make things make sense.

Woohoo! I'm gonna need me a magnifying glass and tiny ass probes. God damn my eyes hate 0402 components. =)

Cheers
Do you know what does it mean? It means that our problems are doubled. We need to emulate yet another processor and worse of that that processor has its own flash and we don't know its content. Do you have an idea what this second processor is controlling?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Intermediate

Exactly why it would be nice to not emulate if we don't have to... hopefully I can figure out how to hook up with their debugger.

ak, this may be a dumb question, but do you know how to resolve the COREDLL imports in IDA? The coredll.dll that comes with it seems to be stripped (or rather, IDA doesn't like it), and I've tried a few of the dll's I could find/build with wince500 platform builder but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Cheers
Old 02-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Russians are coming

Exactly why it would be nice to not emulate if we don't have to... hopefully I can figure out how to hook up with their debugger.

ak, this may be a dumb question, but do you know how to resolve the COREDLL imports in IDA? The coredll.dll that comes with it seems to be stripped (or rather, IDA doesn't like it), and I've tried a few of the dll's I could find/build with wince500 platform builder but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Cheers
Use my bin image and my files for IDA. I resolved and comment many functions in coredll.dll.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Russians are coming

The COREDLL.DLL that you see in directory "Modules" is actully restored from memory snapshot because this DLL is preloaded in bin image. As result it does not contain relocation table and other information that could be useful for reverse engineering.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ak217
This is the bin image that I am working with. It is image for TSX - BN2HN18B.BIN. I don't remember the exact version, the size of the file is 13624431, the image was build Aug, 8 2001 (you can find it in the top of the file using any hexeditor). If you have a different version of this file then you have must dowload it.
I put it on ed2k ( eDonkey2000/eMule) network because of its size:
ed2k://|file|BN2HN18B.zip|9490950|96DD60423A53CF2829BD939 D0FED3C62|h=MPZ6OHY66NKBUYXYODLOKL2OJGE3NCNN|/
To download it use any ed2k compatible software. I recommend eMule (it is OpenSource freeware): http://www.emule-project.net/

IDA 4.3 *.idb files for that bin image:
ed2k://|file|BN2HN18B_idb.zip|3543944|7407C68DDDB7B442F8E 6675121E34915|h=DWFMRYDE3CPSN6NJKV5HOCQZJBJHLSWO|/
If you have another version of IDA then you can try to import these *.idc files:
ed2k://|file|BN2HN18B_idc.zip|358619|3A98CE8A4446BA3B7B41 5758E6E4F152|h=47GCQSF7ZXY4JDTBNAN52P76K2KWJDOO|/
So I'm trying to download and it's not starting up. Do you have any servers you recommend for adding to the list?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Russians are coming

So I'm trying to download and it's not starting up. Do you have any servers you recommend for adding to the list?
I am on Razorback2.
Actually today my eMule is busy. So it may take some time to download anything from my server. I can add you to the friend list. Send me PM if you need it.
I can also send files by email if you have account on gmail (it accepts huge files).
Actually if you don't have the account on gmail I can send you invitation.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:36 PM
5th Gear

i dont understand a dam thing yaw are talking about

but anyways, i have sat here for over an hour and 1/2 reading all the post in this thread

my biggest question is: can the dvd be copied? im just after the updates--not wanting to play round with the splash screen or nutin

i have a 2001 TL and want to be able to see my street on the map
im currently running 2.05 and want the addition of the maps from the 2.20 disk

btw--im glad to see u 2 working together--not against each other

like i read before--were all after the same thing
Old 02-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Intermediate

So far as I've read the CD/DVD reader can't read the new burnable DL discs and has trouble with CDRWs, though it can definitely read pressed discs (including DL DVD) SL DVD-R and burnt CDs. So, if you can find a way to shrink the DVD to single layer, you might have success in backing up your disc (legal to talk about, and useful testing to know the mechanisms involved in using a disc as a navi disc). Also, someone has supposedly succesfully burnt a full copy given to him by an inside friend, but promised not to leak any info about it (some other thread on acurazine.com, not sure which forum though).

Meh, work in the morning. Pressing back the frontiers of paper-pushing. Woohoo!!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:52 PM
5th Gear

i have a small proggy called DVD Shrink and what it does is take a retail DVD video and shrinks it to fit on a standard 4.7 gb dvd disk--dont know if it would work for us--willing to try it

btw--what formats as of now with the navi support?

i would be willing to test -- the versions i have is 1.09 and 2.05 i think

ive got 2.05 installed and wouldnt know how to load mine back to 1.09 if even possible

if you can revert back then upgrade back to 2.05--please post the instructions
not a total idiot but new to the navi stuff of about 4 months

if this works--its a small step to the ultimate goal--especially my goal hehe
Old 02-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned

maybe this is already known, but just FYI

JDM owners in Japan have access to the PC Card slot to back up data.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Girvin13
i have a small proggy called DVD Shrink and what it does is take a retail DVD video and shrinks it to fit on a standard 4.7 gb dvd disk--dont know if it would work for us--willing to try it

btw--what formats as of now with the navi support?

i would be willing to test -- the versions i have is 1.09 and 2.05 i think

ive got 2.05 installed and wouldnt know how to load mine back to 1.09 if even possible

if you can revert back then upgrade back to 2.05--please post the instructions
not a total idiot but new to the navi stuff of about 4 months

if this works--its a small step to the ultimate goal--especially my goal hehe

Nope DVD Shrink re-authors DVD video to a lower resolution and allows you to remove extra material like additional languages, audio etc.. The will not work with data files on the NAV dvd.