Old 12-14-2001, 08:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Got my amp + subwoofer installed...

12" Kicker Solobaric L7 $250 + $50 for box
Phoenix Gold Amp Ti600 (overkill)' 550
Scosche Amp Kit... 50

all prices includes shipping

** Please no comments like: you got screwed... you should have done it yourself... etc The reason I gave the prices is so you guys can get an idea.

Got it custom installed by Cartoys today. They are expensive but decided to let them do it since they would back their work. The guy that did install was also recommended and I saw pictures of his work. Total for the install was $400.00 A big ouch!! But my amp comes with a control knob (mounted by sunroof switch) where I can adjust the bass. Also, there is a on/off switch for the amp which he hid behind the hood pull lever. Hope to psot pictures next week.

Okay. The sound compared to stock is awesome. Definitely a big big improvement from stock. I am happy with it. Was worried if just adding the sub + amp would really make that much of a difference as I have never done anything like this before. Answer is YES!!

For anyone that is thinking about adding a sub + amp and is new at it, here is some hindsight that I have....

I went overkill on my stuff. My sub sits nicely under the Nav disk box. If I had to it differently, I would probably go with 2 10s and a smaller amp to mount on the box. That will save a ton of money on install. Problem with my amp is that it is a big amp and there is not that much space in our trunk to mount. He could not even mount the amp behind the seat (take a look, there is no flat space at all).

With the box, if you have the Nav, find a sub box that fits exactly under the Nav frame. That way, you can slide it around and take it out if need be.

(the last face is my face paying my bill)
Old 12-14-2001, 11:47 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice. Told ya it would make a big difference. Now save up to swap out the entire speakers+amp. It will make a much bigger difference.
Old 12-15-2001, 12:31 AM
Suzuka Master

SilverKnight : thanks for all your help... But are you sure that you want me researching and asking all those dumb ass questions that was driving you nuts... Ha! Ha!

I have a Pioneer DEH 4300 as well as the Infinity Kappas front/back. Way too much trouble to get the amp and custom install the head.

Next mods will be easier. Light bulbs for fog and highs.
Old 12-15-2001, 12:40 AM
Retired. Not available.

Originally posted by Eggplant-EX
SilverKnight : thanks for all your help... But are you sure that you want me researching and asking all those dumb ass questions that was driving you nuts... Ha! Ha!

I have a Pioneer DEH 4300 as well as the Infinity Kappas front/back. Way too much trouble to get the amp and custom install the head.

Next mods will be easier. Light bulbs for fog and highs.
You can keep the stock HU to take advantage of in dash 6 disc changer.

Questions are ok as long as you dont try to confuse me. I don't remember it was you or someone asked me some questions and ended up asking why I was selling some speakers in ebay The funny thing is I never sell anything on ebay.
Old 12-15-2001, 09:50 AM
Suzuka Master

No, it wasn't me. I just buy the stuff on Ebay. Everything I got was off Ebay and I think I got a good price on the stuff...
Old 12-15-2001, 10:01 AM
Retired. Not available.

Originally posted by Eggplant-EX
No, it wasn't me. I just buy the stuff on Ebay. Everything I got was off Ebay and I think I got a good price on the stuff...
Beware that most of the stuff on ebay don't have manufacturer's warranty even if they are new in sealed box.
Old 12-15-2001, 10:13 PM
It's Go-Time.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can u post a few pics of your set up? I am planning to go with Audiobahn 12's + Orion 250HCCA...
Old 12-16-2001, 07:36 PM
Suzuka Master

I may be able to get a picture up end of the week. No digital camera that works.

Saw Fotis over the weekend and he had a look at my set-up & install. He thinks it is a good job on the install. I am a newbie and he has a set-up in his car too. So, that was nice to know.

What I like with this amp is it comes with a knob that is mounted where my on-off for cruise is. I can adjust the bass with the knob. Am not even using 10% of my woofers but the fill is incredible. The install also included an on/off toggle located behind the hood release. But I do not know why I would even use it as it would switch the amp off.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:08 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

If it sounds as good as it reads

The install price is fine. You might have got a better install price buying your system and parts from the installer. It evens out in the end.

Any Dynamat needed?

Where was the amp mounted?

Amp switch - easily switch off amp if you (temporarily) remove the box?
Old 12-17-2001, 10:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Bluto: thanks for the advice on the switch. Now it makes sense. It was so hard reaching down while crusing at 80 to switch it off. Ha! Ha! Actually, when driving, you cannot reach it.

Yeah! Looking like I did not get ripped with the install. I think I did really well, price wise. I know alot of people do not like buying off Ebay.

Amp was mounted on the left side (driver's) in the side. He took out the tray and mounted it vertical with a black vinyl board panel.

Woofer fits really well under the Nav metal frame.

No dynamat but I did put a rubber door edge all around the trunk. I think that this will deaden any rattle you might get. Definitely recommend the door edge for any rattle. It cost $5 and it is called Trimbrite Door Edge (for trucks). Trust me. It also serves to seal the gap on the trubk. You should have enough to do the whole door as well.

Bass is very very clean but bear in mind that I am not pushing the sub hard. Also, the amp is a bridged at 600w. No sweat for the amp to push a single 12".
Old 12-25-2001, 11:07 PM
on bin laden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I responded to the other thread, but Eggplant does have a very clean setup. Nothing loud or obnoxious, and he doesn't want that. I would say he got a pretty good deal on everything, my first reaction to the install cost was high, but once I saw the mounting of the amp, the kill switch, and the boost controller, I think he got a good deal. If he wanted the ernie effect (eclipse's setup at full blast) his amp surely has enough guts. The trim is really neat around the doors & trunk ... Vince, how do I go about getting some of that, I'm sure it will kill the rattling problems I'm having. I've tried everything!
Old 12-26-2001, 10:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Hey Fotis:

Here is another use for the door edge. Can't belive I got flamed for being a fucking know-it-all and cheap??? Just trying to help when I find out shit that may work for others.

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=56469

Here is another post on the door edger:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=56122

Go down to the local carparts (not all carry them). It is called Trimbrite Door Edge (For Trucks).
Old 12-26-2001, 05:19 PM
Pro

your setup sounds sweet