Fuma DVD players

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuma DVD players

Has anyone had any experience with any of these Fuma DVD players.
The reason I am asking, is because I am going to get a Dom's Navi adapter in order to be able to hookup a DVD to the stock Navigation screen.
It looks like these DVD players have everything you could ever want.
They are all over ebay, however they aren't labeled as Fuma players. They just call them in dash dvd players.

I went to Fuma's website www.fumausa.com and they have a bunch of typographical errors on their website. So I am just wondering if these units are any good as far as quality and reliablity.

The one player that I am interested is Fuma DV 888USBT Some of the features that separate this player from others is it has a USB port to plug in a flash drive with mp3s for instance. Also, it has a TV tuner (not like I would want to watch air TV in my car) It also supports DivX and MP4 video which is pretty cool. Its also the only player that is for sure supports DVD-R and DVD+R. It states so on their website. However, I found it strange for Fuma not to have a manual online for any of their units.

They are cheap players, and I was just wondering if any of these players are worth the time. If anyone has any expirience with Fuma players, please post your findings.
Thanks

Some specs from Fuma's website

Disc Format: DIVX/MPEG4/MPEG2/DVD/VCD/CD/JPEG/MP3
Includes Universal Card Reader USB 2.0
Support External Multimedia System: FAT32 / FAT16
In Dash Size (ISO-DIN size).
Multi-function IR remote control
Front panel RCA Video and Audio inputs
S-video output
Dolby Coaxial digital output
Variable Pre-Amp Volume
Front panel 19’ infrared remote
RCA Video and Audio outputs
Built-in screen saver
Super blue power-on indicator
Vertical Mount DVD player
Screen selection for 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio
500 line high resolution output
Multi-language menu & subtitles
Multi-angle viewing function
Four speed disk scan (2x, 4x, 6x, 8x)
Frame-by-Frame and slow motion functions
Four second anti-shock feature
Last screen memory function
12-14 Volt DC operation
Size: 178(W) x 168(D)X 50(H)

Last edited by sladotron; 03-01-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

lol I've seen them on eGay

they'll probably last 5 weeks
Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Advanced

Well, just by looking at their lineup, I haven't found one that has a plugin fuse on the back for like 10Amps. So either all of their units don't have fuses, or possibly the fuse is on the inside. This is one of the indications of poor engineering.

They do have 2 year warranty for their units, however it seems like you have to pay shipping both ways (from their warranty pdf).

Anyone else has any opinions
Old 03-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Intermediate

They are rebranded from same OEM as bravo, Xo visions, performance teknique, boss, small brand car dvd players. You probably will find a lot of dvd from these brands looking exact the same.

The fuse is inline with the power cord just so you know. I rarely see car stereo have plugin fuse.

But for less than $100, you get all the features that even some of the big brands do not have. It is a toss up between cheap player with tons of features and name brand with expensive player and less features.

PS: you might be able to find OEM version of that fuma dvd player on Ebay for cheaper.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A lot of the good tv tuners will have diversity antenna inputs. This one just has the regular coaxial input like a house TV. You said the TV wasn't important to you though, so it probably doesn't matter. Rest of the specs look pretty good. The fact that is plays Divx is cool. Never heard of the brand before though.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Advanced

Yeah, I think I might get one and see how it performs. It won't be a big disappointment if it doesn't. Divx is huge, because I don't have to convert any of the music videos that I have. I just hope that these units hold up well.