Floor carpet removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floor carpet removal for TSX

Does anyone know how to remove the floor carpet in the TSX driver and front passenger side? Any step by step instructions?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by GrOD
Opps I am sorry guys. Posting a question after midnight is not a good idea! Haha. For the Acura TSX, I was thinking of making the car quieter by putting CASCADE on the floor of the driver's and passenger side. I'm already put some in my trunk and set to go for the doors.
Its actually not all that hard to do. I just did this last week. I can try to list a few steps I did, although I dont have any pictures. As a note, however, you may not need to do this as the floor panels already have alot of sound deadening on them from the factory. I did not realize this until the carpet was pulled up. At that point I was too far to turn back.

*****Dont forget to unplug all electrical connections*****

1. Remove the center armrest (should be a diagram in the DIY thread)
2. Remove the door sill pieces for the front and rear doors. These are all mainly plastic clips so be careful. The only exception is the one gold screw used to hold the drivers door sill down near the trunk/gas cap release.
3. Remove the kick panel pieces. These are also held in place by plastic clips.
4. Remove both the seats. These each use 4 bolts to hold them in place. Start by moving the seat all the way back to remove the front 2 and the move it all the way forward to remove the rear 2.
5. Remove the foot rest on drivers side.
6. Remove the gas pedal connection to the floor. Pull straight up. This was the hardest part of the whole project for me.
7. Remove the rear set. Pull up on the front of it. It should pop out. On the back near the center is one bolt to remove. Then the seat should pull out easily.
8. Remove both front seat belt connections near the floor. Slide the plastic covers up the belt to reveal the bolts.
9. Remove the small plastic piece around the steering wheel shaft. It has a blue warning sticker on it.

10. At this point the carpet should be ready to remove with the exception of the center console area. There is carpet running underneath the shifter. You have two options.
Remove the shifter
Cut the carpet along each side of the shifter with a razor blade. All cuts will be covered by the center armrest anyway. (I highly recommend this option)

11. Pull until everything comes out.

To put it back in, reverse the process...
Old 05-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Instructor

Thank you so much! Does your car sound a lot quieter when you put the sound deadening material on? How about the engine noise? What product did you use?

Originally Posted by neighbordave
Its actually not all that hard to do. I just did this last week. I can try to list a few steps I did, although I dont have any pictures. As a note, however, you may not need to do this as the floor panels already have alot of sound deadening on them from the factory. I did not realize this until the carpet was pulled up. At that point I was too far to turn back.

*****Dont forget to unplug all electrical connections*****

1. Remove the center armrest (should be a diagram in the DIY thread)
2. Remove the door sill pieces for the front and rear doors. These are all mainly plastic clips so be careful. The only exception is the one gold screw used to hold the drivers door sill down near the trunk/gas cap release.
3. Remove the kick panel pieces. These are also held in place by plastic clips.
4. Remove both the seats. These each use 4 bolts to hold them in place. Start by moving the seat all the way back to remove the front 2 and the move it all the way forward to remove the rear 2.
5. Remove the foot rest on drivers side.
6. Remove the gas pedal connection to the floor. Pull straight up. This was the hardest part of the whole project for me.
7. Remove the rear set. Pull up on the front of it. It should pop out. On the back near the center is one bolt to remove. Then the seat should pull out easily.
8. Remove both front seat belt connections near the floor. Slide the plastic covers up the belt to reveal the bolts.
9. Remove the small plastic piece around the steering wheel shaft. It has a blue warning sticker on it.

10. At this point the carpet should be ready to remove with the exception of the center console area. There is carpet running underneath the shifter. You have two options.
Remove the shifter
Cut the carpet along each side of the shifter with a razor blade. All cuts will be covered by the center armrest anyway. (I highly recommend this option)

11. Pull until everything comes out.

To put it back in, reverse the process...
Old 05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Cruisin'

Yes, the road noise was cut down alot by this. The engine noise wasnt changed much as its coming through the firewall. The product I used was second skin and it works very well.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by neighbordave
Yes, the road noise was cut down alot by this. The engine noise wasnt changed much as its coming through the firewall. The product I used was second skin and it works very well.
Thanks, I am wondering -- can we put some sound deadening in or near the firewall?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by GrOD
Thanks, I am wondering -- can we put some sound deadening in or near the firewall?
Back from the grave! Has anyone even attempted dampening the firewall?