Finally got some pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 08:53 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got some pics

Finally got around to taking some pics of my sytem. Took me a while, but I get em.

she's a bit dirty right now.

[image]http://public.fotki.com/Patryn/pics_of_stuff/dsc003262.html[/image]
Old 10-29-2001, 09:05 PM
Advanced

Bah!!! Stupid 5 minute rule.

Old 10-29-2001, 10:35 PM
Drifting

VERY NICE SETUP. I give you props on that. Gotta love the brax amp =) I like how they did the head unit.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:17 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice setup. But there is one thing I dont get. Why do the breakers sit next to the amp? They are should be no further than 3 ft away from the battery. Do you have a fuse or a breaker next to the battery?
Old 10-29-2001, 11:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Wow looks great.. what speakers are you running inside?

Great choice of subs, i bet they sound bad ass!!!
Old 10-30-2001, 12:40 AM

How do you like the Nakamichi equipment, i have a nakamichi reciever and like it a lot.
Old 10-30-2001, 06:12 PM
Advanced

Silverknight - I have a 200amp breaker up near the battery.

Crazy Acura - I'm running Focal Utopia 165W's up front. They are in the doors though since I'm a bit taller and didn't want to sacrifice the leg room. Sounds VERY good, just doesn't image worth a damn. Oh well. Yes, the subs do sound quite good. They go quite low and they go as loud as I'd want them too. So far I've had no problems with powering them either. The max draw on those two amps is 220A, but with a cap on each and a new battery I haven't had so much as a single light dim whatsoever.

Cluofi - I love the NAK stuff so far. I had some probs with the first changer (dead out of the box) but I got a replacement no problem and it works great now. The sound is incredible right now and I love the looks of the equipment. Nice and plain. No fancy lights, displays, screen savers, just what is needed and nothing else. There isn't a better piece made IMO.
Old 10-30-2001, 06:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally posted by Patryn

Crazy Acura - I'm running Focal Utopia 165W's up front. They are in the doors though since I'm a bit taller and didn't want to sacrifice the leg room. Sounds VERY good, just doesn't image worth a damn. . So far I've had no problems with powering them either. The max draw on those two amps is 220A, but with a cap on each and a new battery I haven't had so much as a single light dim whatsoever.

Nice choice! I have the same speakers in front of my TLS
So im guessng you are using the stock bose speakers for the rear? Im doing the same for now. Also you say you put in a new battery, i may have to do that. I have 2 12" a/d/s subs and focals 165w in the doors, and when i have it turned up i can see my lights to dim a little. So maybe replaced the battery may help. I dont have any caps either, i dont know if it was worth it. But maybe it might be now.
Let me know if you have any input on what i can do about my lights dimming.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:41 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Crazy AcurA

So im guessng you are using the stock bose speakers for the rear? Im doing the same for now. Also you say you put in a new battery, i may have to do that. I have 2 12" a/d/s subs and focals 165w in the doors, and when i have it turned up i can see my lights to dim a little. So maybe replaced the battery may help. I dont have any caps either, i dont know if it was worth it. But maybe it might be now.
Jesal,
Put in another battery will not solve the problem unless you wanna change the stock alternator What you need to do is put in a CAP. A better battery only help you to last longer when the engine is not running.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:34 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Crazy AcurA

So im guessng you are using the stock bose speakers for the rear?
Hell no! I have nothing to do with the Blose stuff any more. I'm running no rear fill at all. I didn't feel like spending the extra money to get new speakers, and an amp to power them. I just skipped it. I don't miss it at all either.

Im doing the same for now. Also you say you put in a new battery, i may have to do that. I have 2 12" a/d/s subs and focals 165w in the doors, and when i have it turned up i can see my lights to dim a little. So maybe replaced the battery may help. I dont have any caps either, i dont know if it was worth it. But maybe it might be now.
I debated the caps too, but decided to go with them. I had LOTS of people say replace the battery too, that a good battery would help over the stock one. Which makes the difference? Don't know. I did both to be on the safe side. Another $100 bucks or so on top of what I spent for that stuff wasn't that bad. I've had this turned about halfway up, which is VERY loud to me, and have no problems. I do get a nice back massage from the subs at that level.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:39 PM
Intermediate

I changed my battery out to an Optima Yellow Top, which is a deep cycle battery. I've had no problems with dimming lights or anything. The deep cycle batteries help a lot since they work sorta like a cap. They provide extra juice if your system needs it, like during strong bass, and the amps take it from the battery & cap rather than the alternator. I'm looking for a high output alternator too, but having trouble finding one that isn't like $700 or more. Any suggestions?
Old 11-02-2001, 02:32 AM
Pro

Brian,

Hey buddy good to see that you finished your system. It looks great! Nice Kimber pokin' out there Too bad I didn't find my Canadian prices sooner eh

Have fun with the system!

Bryan
Old 11-15-2001, 10:37 PM
Cruisin'

where did you get the indash install kit?
Old 11-16-2001, 04:13 PM
Advanced

I didn't get one. They custom mounted everything for me.
Old 11-17-2001, 01:54 PM
A-SPEC

bad ass system dude!!!

i want mine to be just like yours.. ahhhhhhhhhh i need a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much was your total set up ? i
Old 11-17-2001, 08:02 PM
Advanced

It was up there in the dollar range. I figure I have almost $7000 into it if you add up all the equipment & parts & labor. It wasn't cheap but I do enjoy it.