Factory Amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004 | 11:05 AM
10th Gear

Factory Amplifier

Ok guys, so I got my speakers, got a good deal, $170 canadian for both front and backs RF's. Anywayz, going to install them today after work. What I want to ask is anyone who did put speakers in their CL before let me know if I can manually bypass my factory amplifier, how that worked out if it did or if I should go get a "scosche" bypass. THX any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2004 | 12:44 PM
East Coast Boost.!

So you have a aftermarket amp now? Cause if you bypass the factory amp you will have no sound.

If you want to by pass the amp, just unplug it and tap into the input wires for signal.
Old 10-08-2004 | 01:22 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Titand19
So you have a aftermarket amp now? Cause if you bypass the factory amp you will have no sound.

If you want to by pass the amp, just unplug it and tap into the input wires for signal.

Why wouldn't I have sound??? I have a 50x4 deck, why can't I bypass? I've heard of peple who done that. Works just fine. If I need an amp i'll will buy one, but its just i think I will have enough power if I can bypass the amp... HAS ANYONE DONE THAT BEFORE??? COME ON I CANT BELIVE PEOPLE NEVER CHANGED THEIR SPEAKERS> No.1 problem with the CL is the sound. ANYBODY????
Old 10-08-2004 | 10:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Senia
Why wouldn't I have sound??? I have a 50x4 deck, why can't I bypass? I've heard of peple who done that. Works just fine. If I need an amp i'll will buy one, but its just i think I will have enough power if I can bypass the amp... HAS ANYONE DONE THAT BEFORE??? COME ON I CANT BELIVE PEOPLE NEVER CHANGED THEIR SPEAKERS> No.1 problem with the CL is the sound. ANYBODY????
yes you will get sound if you bypass the stock amp. you will need to run speaker wires from the hu to your aftermarket speakers though or get the speaker wires from the bose amp. i don't have a set up like you plan to do, but it will work if your hu has speaker outs (which most hu have). one note, 50X4 doesn't usually mean RMS. depending on your speakers, you might not get their full capacity and value because of the power of your hu. if you do have a hu that has RCA outs, i would advice, or add on later, getting an aftermarket amp to power your speakers.
Old 10-09-2004 | 12:20 AM
East Coast Boost.!

Firstly, you never stated that you had an aftermarket headunit. I'm just hear to help you out bro.

You should know that you're not going to get 50x4. That's peak wattage at 4ohms. I'm not sure what the impedence of the stock system is, but I think it may be 2ohms. If you want to bypass the amp the easiest thing to do would to disconnect the harness from the amp and run speaker wires from the headunits output to the amps output.