Cheapest Blitzsafe Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Cruiser

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Cheapest Blitzsafe Adapter

Searching through the site I came across the Blitzsafe Adapter for $69.99 at http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonauxdmxv1.html I've seen were people said they got theirs for $50. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Read the fine print

Originally Posted by antlive
Searching through the site I came across the Blitzsafe Adapter for $69.99 at http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonauxdmxv1.html I've seen were people said they got theirs for $50. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Not compatable!
Blitzsafe I know is working on one but its not their yet if you want to keep XM.
Wait save your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 04-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbalestier
Not compatable!
Blitzsafe I know is working on one but its not their yet if you want to keep XM.
Wait save your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Not compatible with what? The blitzsafe adapter does exactly what is was designed to do--provide a cd changer interface and/or aux input. Great product at a fair price. You can use the aux input for anything--including satellite radio. The main thing to know in advance is that it plugs in where the factory cd changer does--so it's not compatible with the factory cd changer.

The $50 you're seeing on old threads is probably when I sold mine for $50 to somebody here after replacing my oem headunit with an aftermarket one.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Advanced

The current Blitzsafe, soundgate, PIE and other aux adapters do not work with factory XM found in 05 TSX, 04+ TL and Accord.

The reason this is so is because the blitzsafe adapter does not electrically disconnect its audio line from the bus when it is not selected (i.e. when you are using a source other than CD-C). This affects XM because that audio line is shared between aux devices and XM.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry not compatible

Originally Posted by DerrickM
Not compatible with what? The blitzsafe adapter does exactly what is was designed to do--provide a cd changer interface and/or aux input. Great product at a fair price. You can use the aux input for anything--including satellite radio. The main thing to know in advance is that it plugs in where the factory cd changer does--so it's not compatible with the factory cd changer.

The $50 you're seeing on old threads is probably when I sold mine for $50 to somebody here after replacing my oem headunit with an aftermarket one.
TSX 2005 if you want keep XM read the fine print.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rjairam
The current Blitzsafe, soundgate, PIE and other aux adapters do not work with factory XM found in 05 TSX, 04+ TL and Accord.

The reason this is so is because the blitzsafe adapter does not electrically disconnect its audio line from the bus when it is not selected (i.e. when you are using a source other than CD-C). This affects XM because that audio line is shared between aux devices and XM.
That's good to know.

Antlive, what are you planning on using the Blitzsafe for in your 2001 TL?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:00 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rjairam

Very well said.

What I hear works (but I haven't tried it myself) is to take a Soundgate AUX3 and splice it into the XM Radio audio lines.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by elduderino
Very well said.

What I hear works (but I haven't tried it myself) is to take a Soundgate AUX3 and splice it into the XM Radio audio lines.
I did actually do something similar with an automatic switch from PIE and it did work but I wasn't satisfied with the results since I got a lot of alternator whine. I didn't get time to fully investigate but I think the audio line on the Honda bus is some weird floating ground sort of arrangement.

What does work is a 4PST switch that's connected in series with the L/R audio lines on the Honda CD changer bus side of the aux adapter. Those are the shielded grey wires inside the cable. I've verified this. When you switch to CD-C just flip your toggle switch and voila, you have aux-in. When you switch to XM using the CD/SAT button or mode button on the steering wheel, flip back the switch and XM returns.

You can also use a switch for the power to the blitzsafe adapter (yellow wire), however you must only do this after the car has been turned on (so that the h/u recognizes the aux adapter on bootup). This approach sucks because the volume on your XM is lowered and I have a feeling the XM tuner isn't too happy with extra load on the bus. Also, if you forget to turn on your switch before you start the car, you'll have to turn off the car, flip the switch and start again. I don't think the excessive starting will be good for your car.

Last edited by rjairam; 04-29-2005 at 01:10 AM.