CD player keeps jamming

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 10:28 AM
bluebullitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CD player keeps jamming

Have an 03 TL-S. The CD player keeps jamming, once every week or two. It does this when I try to change CDs and gives an error code ER-E1. It will always do this if you push the CD button & then press a #1-6 button before the CD player has begun to play. I have been able to clear it by repeatedly pushing the EJECT button until it clears (have had to push it up to ~20-30 times). The CD changer has 6 CDs in it, some burned, some factory (bought & pre-recorded). They are all the same thickness, & there are no addtional stickers or labels on them. What's up??????????????
Old 07-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Cruising in ATL!!

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
well i always played burned CDs since I stopped buying original CDs long time ago. I was told by acura dealer that our stock HU wasn't made to play burned CD. I called it BS but there was nothing I could do. They refused to get me another HU since it's technically my fault for its malfunction. I ended up putting in aftermarket HU in there. So far, I'm loving it!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:48 AM
matty's '02TL

My TL does the same thing. Except my CD's get stuck when I'm ejecting whether or not I push any buttons at all. Sliding another CD LIGHTLY over the top of the one thats stuck gets it out.

I've got to get this problem dealt with at the dealership because buying a new HU means no more steering wheel controls.

Even top of the line head units can still fail or give you grief.......

And wouldn't we look silly using our hand held remote to operate a stereo when the controls are already on the steering wheel?

I would like to hear if anybody has successfully had a HU repaired by a dealer w/ no further problems.

Last edited by Back In Black; 07-22-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Advanced

This problem happens to me every once in a while. I used to go through your process - pushing eject 20-30 times. However, now it once, and the CD is out. My solution is similar to Back In Black's. Instead of using another cd, you can simply use your figure. Once you see the error code come up on the display, hit the eject button. As you hear the motor attempting to spit your cd out, press a figure against the cd slot door for a second, and your cd should begin to come out. Believe it or not, this should unjam the cd. It works on a regular basis for me and beats the 20-30 times. Try it out the next time it happens, and let me know how it works. Good Luck
Old 07-22-2005, 02:54 PM
bluebullitt

Originally Posted by blackcoupe
This problem happens to me every once in a while. I used to go through your process - pushing eject 20-30 times. However, now it once, and the CD is out. My solution is similar to Back In Black's. Instead of using another cd, you can simply use your figure. Once you see the error code come up on the display, hit the eject button. As you hear the motor attempting to spit your cd out, press a figure against the cd slot door for a second, and your cd should begin to come out. Believe it or not, this should unjam the cd. It works on a regular basis for me and beats the 20-30 times. Try it out the next time it happens, and let me know how it works. Good Luck
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely try it and let you know. It has been frustrating to push a button so may times and wonder if it was permanantly stuck . I have a friend that has a '01 CL-S that has done the same thing, although he took it to the dealership and they unjammed it, but no explanation. I'll pass on the info!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Advanced

I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night...and maybe next time I'll remember to edit my post. I hope you realized I meant finger instead of figure! Hope it works.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:59 PM
bluebullitt

Originally Posted by blackcoupe
I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night...and maybe next time I'll remember to edit my post. I hope you realized I meant finger instead of figure! Hope it works.
I figured you meant finger, but at first wondered if it might have been a northern thing. Us southerners sometimes do talk differnt lingo, 'ya know? Yesterday it jammed and I tried your fix.....worked great! Thanks a million!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:17 PM
5th Gear

mine is shot to shit i gotta get a new one completely.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:27 AM
bluebullitt

Originally Posted by afrikanflame
mine is shot to shit i gotta get a new one completely.
that sucks, sorry to hear that... I would not be happy Mine keeps screwing up more often.