Can't Shuffle IPOD using USA-SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:19 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can't Shuffle IPOD using USA-SPEC

When I use the Seek/Skip >> button either on my steering wheel or the head unit, the Ipod will stop playing the current song/playlist and will play the ALL SONG list in its default order. Currently, I am using the"Hybrid" mode (which replaces the Playlist mode in newer models of the PA11-HON2y). In order to avoid the Ipod from going back to the default order of the ALL list and to keep the current shuffle, I have to use the controls on the Ipod to skip to the next track.

Does anyone know how to keep your Ipod shuffeld but still be able to use the Seek/Skip >> button without the Ipod going back to the default ALL mode? Maybe I need to try Direct Mode using the Random button on the head unit. Ideas anyone?

I have a 2004 TSX NON-NAVI.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Pro

2004 Navi. You might need to change the position of your one & two.

The random button on the head unit never worked for me.

In "all"(non playlist) mode I am able to shuffle through all songs if the I pod shuffle control is on with my steering wheel control.(Shuffle selected through the I pod)
& if I select a playlist manually through the I pod then it shuffles songs in that play list only.

I dont use Playlist mode because you cant manually use the I pod You can only scroll through the HONDA1 Thru HONDA5 playlists. Those are the only play lists the "Playlist mode" recognizes & if you manually do it then you can have as many as you want.

I recommend manual mode or If your going to use playlist mode then You have to set your Playlist up as stated before HONDA1 etc. Ive never done it because I dont use playlist.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:55 AM
08 MDX with Sports

Whats the difference between the old USA-spec Hon2 and Hon2Y? I have 2004 TSX w/ navi and was wondering if its worth the $ to pick Hon2Y up from crutchfield.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:03 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Newplay1
Whats the difference between the old USA-spec Hon2 and Hon2Y? I have 2004 TSX w/ navi and was wondering if its worth the $ to pick Hon2Y up from crutchfield.
The old one has the original Playlist and Direct mode. The newer ones replaces the Direct mode with a new Hybrid mode.

I still am not able to shuffle my Ipod using the steering wheel controls . It keeps defaulting back to the orginal ordered list. I mean, even the manual says that.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/pa11-hon2y.pdf

Read section 4-4.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The actual difference between the two models is the -y version comes with an integrated y-adapter for the CAN BUS cable necessary to plug it in the aux port and not lose your navi/bluetooth/xm. Since you've got a 2004 w/ navi, you need the -y version to not lose navi voice guidance.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
3rd Gear

Yes. Sorry. I thought you were asking about the old version of the Hon2Y and the new version of Hon2Y. Reach is correct.