can someone run me step-by-step please?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Registered Abuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can someone run me step-by-step please?

I just need step by step instructions on how to wire my sub to my stock Blose system. I got an amp. I ran power and i get R/TO. How exactly do i get sound to come out of my sub? IOW, what wires do i tap and how exactly do i tap them? I would like to get my beast bumpin tonight.
Bozzchem, ive already talked to you about this, but maybe you can offer some more help?
Thanks in advance,
Matt
Old 04-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Advanced

TL-IGHTS,

When you remove the rear seat, you will see the amp on the left (if you are facing the back glass). There is a 12 cavity connecter there that is hookes into the amp. Tap into the blue/green for the positive and teh orng/blue for the neg. Since you already have the R/TO you dont need to use the stock, but FYI there is one in that connecter as well.

If you do a search on "stock wiring" you will find more detailed information on this procedure.

Good luck

Splitz
Old 04-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Racer

I'll try to help in any way that I can, but I must tell you that I REALLY hate the stock system in this car.

Phase 1 - - OK, I'm assuming you've got the power, ground, and R/TO wires connected properly to your amp. This means that when you power up the system, the amp's power light is lit after receiving it's turn on signal. I'd suggest testing this just to make sure you know the amp is getting the juice it requires PRIOR to hooking up any of the actual speaker leads.

Phase 2 - - Here's where it gets REALLY hairy. Assuming you've passed the test for phase 1, It's time to get the input signal to the aftermarket amp so it can generate an output signal to the sub(s).

Please keep in mind that I'm basing all of this from the schematics I have of the system. I am only giving my opinion as to how to install this. If you follow my advice and fry your system, it's on you. I accept no responsibility for what you do. I'm not trying to be an a$$hole, but I just don't like tinkering with stock bull$hit. Take the rest of this with a grain of salt because I decided to bypass the entire stock system. I find it easier to do so than to try and integrate with the HEAVILY proprietary sound system Acura/Blose left us with.

Anyways, as I previously stated, you need an input for your aftermarket amp to power your aftermarket sub(s). Does your amp have speaker level inputs or just low level/RCA inputs? What amp are you using?

Based on the schematics I have, the stock Blose sub should have a combo of White/Green (+) and Black/White (-) wires leading into it AFTER the stock amp. I'm guessing that this means it is a MONO sub getting its signal via the two stereo channels.

The wires feeding the stock sub amp from the stock EQ look to be a Blue/Green (+) wire and an Orange/Blue (-) wire with a Gray wire jumpered in as well (I have no idea what the hell it is there for based on my schematics).

Keep in mind that the B/G and O/B wires are coming out of the stock EQ. I'm not sure if they're speaker level or low level. I'm guessing that they're speaker level. YMMV and you may want to wait for someone elses response to this prior to hooking anything up. This explains why I asked you if you're amp has speaker level inputs or not. If it doesn't, be VERY careful with what you do from here.

I'm guessing that you could run the B/G into your (+) and the O/B into your (-) of your aftermarket amp. These wires negate the stock sub amp and should allow for a semi-clean install.

AGAIN, I'm only basing this on what I have in front of me. I accept NO responsibility for anything that gets fried. I don't think anything will...but as I previously stated, I ditched the entire stock system...see my mods page.

Any of you gurus out there can help this guy? I've done what I can. I know Iggy, Southbound, and Streeteffectz know this system like the back of their hands.

I hope I've helped in some way. If nothing else, I'll keep checking out the schematics and I'll try to figure out a way to help you further.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Registered Abuser

ive got a RF 250.2
it has four high level inputs
so i just take the B/G and the O/B and put them into the
four inputs?
Old 04-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The B/G and O/B wires are inside a light brown sheath in the wiring bundle to the stock amp. These wires are a low-level signal from the EQ. Tap these two wires with one RCA connector that'll plug into your amp as a low-level mono signal. It does not matter which wire you connect to pin or collar since it's a mono input. I'm assuming your amp will also accept a low-level signal.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Registered Abuser

so im only using one RCA? and i cant use the high level inputs?
Old 04-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If you want to use high-level inputs then you have to tap the wires that go to the stock sub from the stock amp. You'll have to keep power and RTO to the stock amp also in order for it to convert the low-level signal from the HU to a high-level signal to the stock sub.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered Abuser

i got it! i spent 3 hours and i took the lines goin to the sub and hooked em up to the hi level, thanks so much bozz and brewboy. im not terrorizing the 'hood. couldnt be happier!
Old 05-02-2003, 09:49 AM
2002 TL Type S

I was just about to post a topic asking about using existing wiring to rig an amp and sub. This topic is great b/c now I know all the wiring is behind the seat and can be easily tapped. A couple questions.

(1) Is there an advantage to using low level versus high level? I would like to keep the stock sub operational and therefore I'd think that draining high level signal off of the stock sub amp would be a bad idea. I would want to tap the low level signal before it gets to the stock amp if I wanted to continue using the stock sub. Comments/suggestions?

(2) Since I'd like a minimum amount of modification to the car (for resale value) and easy uninstall, is it possible to steal the power/ground/turn-on lead from the stock system or do I need to force a power wire thru the firewall directly to the battery busting up my knuckles in the process?