Bose Amp Question?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 06:31 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose Amp Question?!

Hey ive been reading this forum alot lately gettin alot of good ideas. Im new to the forum..just got registered. I just got a 2000 TL and i love it. Its alot of difference from the jeep grand cherokee I had but ill get used to it. Im pretty good with amp, sub, stereo...etc... installations and have been doin it on the side for a couple years. One thing I havent done is an installation with bose. I got a pioneer in-dash tv im putting in currently. I got one question..Is there one amp that powers all speakers and another one for the stock sub or is there one amp for everything or is there a seperate amp for each speaker???? Just wondering and also I have been reading alot that if you install an aftermarket h/u, the bose speakers will sound "crappy". Will the amp still power the stock speakers or do u lose the amp with the new headunit? cuz i know you lose the sub with a new headunit. Hope someone can answer. Thanks guys.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok in the tl the headunit (made by pioneer) powers the stock door speakers after the signal is first ran thru the eq (which is behind the climate control in the dash) then back into the headunit to get powered and then to the door speakers.. ok hope you followed all that.. the sub however is powered by its own amp (which is located on the passenger side behind the rear seat..)... if you replace the stock headunit you will loose the stock sub... all you have to do to replace the stock headunit is buy the metra wiring kit for the 98 and up accord and the metra dash kit for the 3.2tl and you are in there.. but you will loose the stock sub... and yes the speakers sound like shit... but they will work until you are able to replace them...
Old 06-24-2004, 02:38 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey appreciate it!! thats bout all i needed to know. I wish acura didnt use bose. My friend has a bmw 328ci and its got a harmon kardon system that makes that bose system sound like shit. but anyway thanks for the help ill let you know if i got ne more questions...