bluetooth and external amp

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 03:26 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth and external amp

I own an Acura Cl-S w/o Navi and want to do some upgrades. I have a 4 channel Amp (Kenwood w/o speaker level inputs) and front speakers (Infinity) that I took out of my old car, and I just bought the Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth system (it’s on its way). I been searching both the CL and TL forums to figure out what’s the best way to go about this, but I am still not sure which way to go. If you guys can answer/give insights/advise etc, that would be great.

I want to install the above components and also keep the stock HU and still make the steering wheel control work.

1) For the external amp, it seems like I got two options. Bypass the EQ or tap into the speaker wires.

Option A: Bypass the EQ
The wires from the HU to EQ are low level signals. Will I still need a Line Driver when I am hooking these wires to the external amp? Is the Line Driver for EQ purposes? What happens to the steering wheel control if I do this? I am not sure what the steering wheel voulume control actually controls in the HU. Does it control the signals going to the EQ or signals going to the speakers? If I do go this route, I plan to leave the sub wiring alone.

Option B: Speaker wires to Amp
I assume the answer here is LOC. Some of you suggested AudioLink PD4. Why not go with a cheaper version of AudioLink II?

2) Bluetooth questions; all I got from the retailer is “have a professional do it”. *^&kers.

Can I tap into the Navi mute in the HU? I am not sure whether you guys are familiar with Parrot product. The schematic shows the bluetooth unit tapping into the speaker wires, but it also has a separate wire to plug into the mute plug on the HU. It would be great if I could just tap the whole bluetooth unit in the Navi inputs on the HU. I guess I will find out.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Intermediate

Use the search function. There is a whole thread on installing the Parrot handsfree in a TLS. Check out:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78459

From the discussion, it looks like the guy did not have a lot of fun doing this install. Maybe the professional route is wise advice to follow. BTW. Navi Mute is pin A14 (WHT/BLK wire) on the 20 pin connector back the HU.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:59 AM
9th Gear

Where is the fun in having someone else do it?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Instructor

did you ever get the wiring figured out?
i am looking into a similar BT product, but by sonyericsson

just curious- is there any reason you went with a parrot system over any other brand? i havent done much research on BT/car adapters, so i dont know much about how the features differ
Old 12-27-2004, 11:16 AM
9th Gear

at the time when i was looking for a bt system i dont think hcb-30 was available
the only bt system that allowed me to hook up to the stereo was parrot
i still havent hook it up yet
took my car apart and havent had the chance to put it back together w/ the parrot
i am going to work on it starting today tho so i will let u know how it worked out for me
what i am trying to do is to tap into the navi inputs on the headunit (L+, R+, - and mute)
there r several obstacle to do it this way tho
if u want details on what my scheme is going to be let me know
but again i havent hook anything up yet
will know whether it will work in few days
Old 12-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Instructor

i'd love to hear how you get it wired up when you're done

i have a non-navi tl, so i assume it should be slightly easier, but i'm still not sure how to tap the wire that mutes the factory speakers, as we have a equalizer box that the headunit connects to.

lemme know when you get it working
Old 01-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Professional SLACKER

While we're on the subject on Bluetooth. I purchased the parrot CK3000 (stupid me). I just read Deniska's CK3000 project on his 03 TL and its a world of headache. but he find it to be easier with the harnesses. So, I'm going to do what Deniska did, order a harness for my TSX but when I searched, there's no available harness for the TSX. My question, does the 03 Accord harness the same for the 04 TSX? I know that the nav system for accords and TSX are the same.

AAGHHHH!!!! I just want this damn thing installed!!!!