bluetooth and external amp

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 03:29 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth and external amp

I own an Acura Cl-S w/o Navi and want to do some upgrades. I have a 4 channel Amp (Kenwood w/o speaker level inputs) and front speakers (Infinity) that I took out of my old car, and I just bought the Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth system (it’s on its way). I been searching both the CL and TL forums to figure out what’s the best way to go about this, but I am still not sure which way to go. If you guys can answer/give insights/advise etc, that would be great.

I want to install the above components and also keep the stock HU and still make the steering wheel control work.

1) For the external amp, it seems like I got two options. Bypass the EQ or tap into the speaker wires.

Option A: Bypass the EQ
The wires from the HU to EQ are low level signals. Will I still need a Line Driver when I am hooking these wires to the external amp? Is the Line Driver for EQ purposes? What happens to the steering wheel control if I do this? I am not sure what the steering wheel voulume control actually controls in the HU. Does it control the signals going to the EQ or signals going to the speakers? If I do go this route, I plan to leave the sub wiring alone.

Option B: Speaker wires to Amp
I assume the answer here is LOC. Some of you suggested AudioLink PD4. Why not go with a cheaper version of AudioLink II?

2) Bluetooth questions; all I got from the retailer is “have a professional do it”. *^&kers.

Can I tap into the Navi mute in the HU? I am not sure whether you guys are familiar with Parrot product. The schematic shows the bluetooth unit tapping into the speaker wires, but it also has a separate wire to plug into the mute plug on the HU. It would be great if I could just tap the whole bluetooth unit in the Navi inputs on the HU. I guess I will find out.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Advanced

Hey I bought the 3000Ck Bluetooth Parrot on my 01 CL with NAvi. It works wonders I love it. definitly get it installed by a professional. I went to Best Buy and they installed it like for $70. It works well with my Navi. The only thing when I'm using the Navi and the Bluetooth at the same time the navi voice mutes if it giving directions. There is no way around it. Also I found out the the system can be a bit loud because the Parrot has a built in AMP. When connecting it to the stock unit which has a amp on it, the sound is doubled so you have to bypass the cars amp.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
waht does this bluetooth parrot do? i too have the navi system
Old 10-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Advanced

I'm sorry Let me clarify myself cause some Parrot kits come with navigation system built into them. I bought the one that has no Navi since my 3.2CL has the stock Navi. The 3000CK is installed onto you factory Bose headunit . My installer did a good job he integrated everything where every is hidden behind the radio. The mic was installed on the top section of my A column on the drivers side. and the function button was installed where the VSA button is suppose to be since I don't have the Type S.

This 3000ck Parrot Blutooth Kit pairs up with my wireless phone through bluetooth connection when someone calls me the car pits up the call instead of me searching for the cell phone and getting into a accident.

This perticular 3000ck parrot model doesn't affect my stock Navi. When I receive a call it mutes the radio and lets me speak. Only when I'm in a call and have set up the navi to a certain destination the guidance voice on the acura navi is muted as well. Once the call is finished the acura navi voice is activated again.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Advanced

Here is the 3000ck one I purchased

http://www.driveblue.com/(rkk51ojx5e5m4oalcztbgu55)/Default.aspx?root=advanced
Old 11-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Racer

how much was this kit?
Old 11-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Advanced