Bluetooth car kit Mute switch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth car kit Mute switch?

Hey
Recently installed the Bluetooth handsfree kit (HCB-30). It's pretty cool, but I have to lower the radio manually to answer or make a call. The kit has a one wire connection that can theoretically mute the radio automatically, mine is not connected because, frankly, I don't know where to connect it to. Anyone out there know or have knowledge about a mute connection on the radio/navi TSX? I know it's possible because the voice recognition on the navi automatically mutes the radio/CD when making voice commands. Any help out there?
Old 10-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Racer

Re: Bluetooth car kit Mute switch?

Originally posted by TSX007
Hey
Recently installed the Bluetooth handsfree kit (HCB-30). It's pretty cool, but I have to lower the radio manually to answer or make a call. The kit has a one wire connection that can theoretically mute the radio automatically, mine is not connected because, frankly, I don't know where to connect it to. Anyone out there know or have knowledge about a mute connection on the radio/navi TSX? I know it's possible because the voice recognition on the navi automatically mutes the radio/CD when making voice commands. Any help out there?
I don't know where that connection is, but be careful about using that connection because the nav mute for voice activation only mutes the front speakers. That may not be enough to carry on a conversation.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:25 PM
Instructor

Are you sure? I had the radio on just now and pressing the voice command button on the steering wheel just muted all the speakers. Maybe your referring to something else?
Old 10-26-2003, 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

i have the same kit and i am going to scrap the cell HF kit speaker and send the signal to the door speaker just like the navi voice does.
using the mute wire i can activate a relay to switch the audio back and forth.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Racer

Originally posted by TSX007
Are you sure? I had the radio on just now and pressing the voice command button on the steering wheel just muted all the speakers. Maybe your referring to something else?
You're right. The voice command will mute all speakers. I was thinking about the voice that only mutes the front speakers when the nav is giving you directions or repeating a command. My bad.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Cruisin'

How is it?

How do you like the Bluetooth handsfree kit (HCB-30)? How is the clarity and reception?
Old 10-30-2003, 08:28 AM
Burning Brakes

where did yall purchase the car kit at? linky plz! thx
Old 10-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Instructor

I purchased it on Ebay for approx $185. Just do a search for the sony ericsson hcb-30 there's plenty out there. The speaker that comes with the kit is not Hi Fi quality, but it's clear with no static and it beats tearing the door panels off to hook it up to the 2 front door speakers.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:33 AM
Intermediate

Here is a direction to look. There are some posts here or on other TSX Forums that talk about the new acura hands free kits. Someone posted the install insructions. There is a specific connection that does the cell mute for the radio. I think it has the answer to your question. If you can't find the install docs, let me know, and I can send them to you.

"W"
Old 02-15-2004, 11:01 AM
4th Gear

BLUETOOTH IN TSX

I NEED BLUETOOTH IN MY TSX. Who and how did you have it installed? How much $?
Old 02-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Intermediate

You can get them off e-bay, just search for it.

Here is another question. Where did you guys mount the mic and the remote control? I am still trying to find good places for them.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Burning Brakes

you dont have to pull any door panels to access the speakers and you dont have top interface the mute on the radio to mute the stereo.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Former Audio Mod

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I really like the idea of a Bluetooth handsfree kit because that should be basically universally compatible for the next decade or so. People were doing car kits 5 or so years ago, but those were so proprietary it wasn't really worth it.

I would love a kit that would mute the stereo and would be totally hidden. I would prefer that they utilize the speakers if possible. I can't tell whether you could make a handsfree kit that utilized some microphone and the factory speakers though because it would have to cancel out the output from the speakers into the mic in order to avoid feedback, right? I guess I have the SNHOND3 and could get a Soundgate splitter if I could make it work with the Aux port, but I wouldn't want to have to press anything on the stereo to make it work. I guess incorporating a loud (and clear enough) speaker below the dash would have to be the way to go.

Does it seem like Acura might offer such a kit? I know Chrysler does for my wife's P.T. Cruiser (though I don't know the details).
Old 05-15-2004, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

Update

Have any of you had success in identifying the specific wire on the back of the non-navi stereo console to mute? I would like to install a cell phone kit and it seems a shame to not take advantage of this capability.

Any manuals or white papers would be greatly appreciated on the electrical schema.

It seems that many are just going for a relay to cut the sound to the speakers and optionally reroute the cell speakers through the car's door speakers. Is there a good description out there on these relays?

-Ironhead
Old 05-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Intermediate

Re: Update

Originally posted by ironhead
Is there a good description out there on these relays?

-Ironhead
I don't have info about the relay, but here is some info about the built-in cell phone mute. My big question is whether or not the voltages are the same so that the one on my HBC-30.

This document talks about it. Look around step 32. That looks like the cell mute to me. I would love to see if anyone has tried this. I just don't have the time right now to play with it:

http://216.218.169.150/ti.pdf