Bluetooth capable phone... can I use hands-free link?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Mike D from Ohio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth capable phone... can I use hands-free link?

I have a 2006 TSX non navi.

I now have a Bluetooth capable phone. Actually, I didn't even get it because of the Bluetooth, but I now have that capability anyway.

I know nothing about Bluetooth and actually never even cared for it. But now that I have it, I am wondering about the possibility of me using the hands free link.

So...
what do I have to do in order to use the hands free link? Do I have to buy an additional Bluetooth device? Do I have to pay a monthly bill in addition to my already-existing phone bill to use the hands free link? Or, can I just simply get my phone paired with the car and use it now? Like I said, I don't care about Bluetooth, but I might as well figure out if I can make/receive calls without picking up my phone. I guess that would be safer.

thanks for your input...
Old 01-01-2009, 01:20 PM
10th Gear

miked8887,

I recently bought a 07 TL-S w/ Navi so my setup probably isn't the same as yours. Bluetooth doesn't require any extra devices other than your phone and the HFL and it doesn't cost anything. Essentially, once you turn bluetooth on (on your phone) and pair it to your TSX, the two will recognize each other when you get into the car, you shouldn't have to do anything but have them both turned on.

As for setup, I just followed the instructions in the manual and was done in ~5min. If I remember correctly you have to manually enter the numbers in the HFL (I'm using the Navi system to store my phone book).

Take a quick look in the manual and you'll likely be surprised at how simple the pairing operation is.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Super Premium User

Originally Posted by Tote
miked8887,

I recently bought a 07 TL-S w/ Navi so my setup probably isn't the same as yours. Bluetooth doesn't require any extra devices other than your phone and the HFL and it doesn't cost anything. Essentially, once you turn bluetooth on (on your phone) and pair it to your TSX, the two will recognize each other when you get into the car, you shouldn't have to do anything but have them both turned on.

As for setup, I just followed the instructions in the manual and was done in ~5min. If I remember correctly you have to manually enter the numbers in the HFL (I'm using the Navi system to store my phone book).

Take a quick look in the manual and you'll likely be surprised at how simple the pairing operation is.

Cool, I wanted to know this also.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:13 PM
10th Gear

Found this post in the forums. Scroll down to post #5:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/3g-tl-audio-electronics-faq-605299/
Old 01-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Mike D from Ohio

Okay, I just paired my phone

it works

thanks for your help