Blitzsafe Problems!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance for ANY help.

First I have a 2002 TL with Navi & 6 indash CD Changer

I had a custom car audio shop in NorCal install the following:

Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.1 1998-2005 Acura/Honda Auxiliary Input Converter
& the P.I.E. UNi-POD Auxiliary iPODŽ Interface

For My Sirius Radio & Ipod

They installed the Sat Radio in my sunglass holder, then using a Pro Clip on the right side of the radio center console for my Ipod. In the center console, they installed a toggle switch, to go from Sat Radio to Ipod using the CD control (CD 1-99). They installed the Sat antenna under the back speaker deck, (I DO get good reception 90% of the time)

The install was in December 2006

Now, 4 months later I am getting a ton of static out of the speakers, no it's not the antenna, even with 3 bars on the Sat Radio. But if I toggle over to the Ipod I still hear the static. (Which doesn't happen with the cd player or am/fm radio)

I spoke to the install guys and they feel that since I'm getting the static on both that it must be a bad "Blitzsafe" unit. So I called Logjam Electronics and asked them if they go bad, the tech guy said sometimes. He mentioned Hot & Cold changes can sometimes make them go bad, well I live in the Sacramento area and we don't get the huge climate changes here.

So I ordered a replacement to be sent (Yes Logjam will replace it for free)

Before I have the audio shop tear it apart to put the new unit in I want to ask any of you Acura Experts if you've had the same problem and if so what did you do to correct the problem?

Thank you again for ANY help offered!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by RonnyC
Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance for ANY help.

First I have a 2002 TL with Navi & 6 indash CD Changer

I had a custom car audio shop in NorCal install the following:

Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.1 1998-2005 Acura/Honda Auxiliary Input Converter
& the P.I.E. UNi-POD Auxiliary iPODŽ Interface

For My Sirius Radio & Ipod

They installed the Sat Radio in my sunglass holder, then using a Pro Clip on the right side of the radio center console for my Ipod. In the center console, they installed a toggle switch, to go from Sat Radio to Ipod using the CD control (CD 1-99). They installed the Sat antenna under the back speaker deck, (I DO get good reception 90% of the time)

The install was in December 2006

Now, 4 months later I am getting a ton of static out of the speakers, no it's not the antenna, even with 3 bars on the Sat Radio. But if I toggle over to the Ipod I still hear the static. (Which doesn't happen with the cd player or am/fm radio)

I spoke to the install guys and they feel that since I'm getting the static on both that it must be a bad "Blitzsafe" unit. So I called Logjam Electronics and asked them if they go bad, the tech guy said sometimes. He mentioned Hot & Cold changes can sometimes make them go bad, well I live in the Sacramento area and we don't get the huge climate changes here.

So I ordered a replacement to be sent (Yes Logjam will replace it for free)

Before I have the audio shop tear it apart to put the new unit in I want to ask any of you Acura Experts if you've had the same problem and if so what did you do to correct the problem?

Thank you again for ANY help offered!
That's rare. I've never seen a Blitzsafe part go bad. I bet it's the install. Also... if you used the HON/M-Link1 V.1D (Dual input with iPod) you wouldn't need a toggle switch. It's only $10 bucks more.