Blitzsafe & iPod

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:54 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blitzsafe & iPod

can anyone tell me if there's any way I can use the factory stereo & the steering wheel controls to control the iPod if I use the Blitzsafe adapter? by that, I mean volumn up/down, skipping to the next song, going back to the previous song, etc, maybe even skipping the playlist?

I know the hook up will involve the Blitzsafe, then another cable, then this SIK component from iPod, then plugging it into the iPod's line in/charger port, am I correct? I've already bought the Blitzsafe for my CL 2001.

thanks...
Old 02-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Korean FIYAH!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a '99 CL with a Blitzsafe adapter to use my iPod with my factory stereo.

You CANNOT use your "Forward" and/or "Backward" steering wheel or radio controls to control the iPod as the Blitzsafe adapter is simply an AUX-IN. The Blitzsafe adapter allows any RCA-in sound source to be routed to your factory stereo. In no way does the Blitzsafe have ANYTHING to do with iPods, other than an iPod outputs sound and a Blitzsafe adds an input for sounds.

You CAN however use the steering wheel volume controls since that just controls the factory stereos volume.

If you want to be able to use your steering wheel controls, you will have to pay $220+ or so for a Dension ICELINK, or an iPod2Car cable. These cables WILL allow you to use all of your steering wheel controls....

But I decided to get a $60 Blitzsafe. It wasn't worth the extra $150 just so I can use ONE button on my steering wheel.

Of course it depends on your taste, and how much disposable (emphasis on the DISPOSABLE) income you have. If you think $150 extra is worth it to use that one button on your steering wheel, then www.densionusa.com is where you want to go.

Last edited by Musulsa; 02-18-2005 at 07:24 AM.