Best EQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 01:37 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best EQ

I've searched this forum for up till last april. In all of it, I haven't found any strong feelings regarding the best eq. It is pretty clear that everyone loves the JL 10W7 as well as the JL 500.1 (or some other).

Here's my plan, keep stock head unit and speakers, and add an eq so that I can use my old RF punch 250a2 and RF XLC 12".

Anyhow, this is the first time I've posted in this forum, and I appreciate everyone's help. Also, proud owner of a CL-S since Aug 3.

Steve
Old 08-06-2003, 04:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Steve, sounds like you have a good plan. Adding an EQ to the stock system makes a HUGE difference. And that combined with a sub is gonna sound nice.

You will find the trick (once you've picked out an EQ) is a) finding a place to put it and b) wiring it.

As far as the wiring goes, you can tap the signal the headunit feeds to the stock amp. I spliced into these wires behind the deck (so I could keep the EQ up front without running long lenths of wire). There aren't any RCA outputs on the stock deck, so you'll need to spice RCA plugs onto the wires you cut.

You should be able to find the proper wires to cut with a search, but if not, I can look it up for you when I get home.

The EQ decision comes down to a personal preference kind of thing... I of course love my AudioControl 4.1. You also might want to consider getting an EQ that is also a line booster since the stock preamp signal is relatively weak.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:02 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

I wanted to do this too but don't know the first thing about the wiring. I'm a pretty good do-it-yourselfer though. With proper guidance, I could do it.

I was going to use the EQ that was used in this thread.

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=51712

My problem would be the installation. Finding someone to help me isn't too easy!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red CL,
I have installed the same EQ at 2 different places. What kind of info do you need?
Old 08-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Check your pm Silverknight.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PM sent