Audiobahn Sub and Amp? Stock Amp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Audiobahn Sub and Amp? Stock Amp?

recently....ive been driving around in my car and ive been cranking up the sound system and the louder it gets the more i adjust and now im just not pleased with the bass in the TL so ive been contemplating a subwoofer...i found a REALLY good deal on ebay for the Audiobahn ABP10T for 120 bucks shipped

but being that i know absolutely nothing about car audio....i was planning on taking it to circuit city and having them do the job and w/e they do and ill pay those installation fees or maybe ill shop around for a good installation deal, but then another problem arose...i noticed that you need an amp to hook up a sub woofer without busting it or letting it have a melt down....and then i started a search and noticed that amplifiers are around 300-400 dollars for one that will match RMS of the Audiobahn ABP10T and then im panicing because i really don't wanna spend that much on an amplifier....so i come here...ive done many search's but i can't find my answer and i need something a little more solid then just a one word recommendation......i was wondering if there is a way it could be hooked up to the TL Stock Amplifier or maybe some other alternative...please any input would be amazing on this subject as i am getting frustrated because i can't find any answers even from searching...thanks for the help in advance...
Old 01-22-2005, 07:20 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
FYI, Audiobahn is NOT high-end equipment, and the reason it's cheap on eBay is cause it's cheap. Remember, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

This board has a lot of threads on TLs of various yeras before the merger, I think you just need to do some more painful research. Say it with me... you CAN find the answers. I ran a search with "TL bass" as the terms and in AUdio Video only, and I got lots of reading material that looked encouraging... you read all that already?

Try it like this... decide on a budget and a plan (bass only? How much for install? Etc.), then figure out what you can fit in it, then decide if you should pull the trigger or rethink. I don't know your budget, and I am also curious what your comparison is... what's your reference car? WHat sounded good before?
Old 01-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

well im not really worried about like getting something like RENOWNED AND HIGH END i just want a nice woofer that will get the job done...on ebay they have em for 120 shipped and i figure why not.....but do you know of any like PACKAGED DEALS i just want something that will increase my bass i don't care what it is...im just looking for a cheap fix for increasing the bass in my car....and the audiobahn setup may not be upscale like infinity or MTX but they are still subwoofers....and also the neon lighting its pretty cool and showoffy :-)

i was also looking at

Last edited by NFLblitze1; 01-22-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Miss th 3.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ dont get those, go infinity reference for less than 100 from circuit city, a 200 amp, and get someone from acl.com to install it and you will be good
Old 01-23-2005, 10:04 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wakeboardfusion
and get someone from acl.com to install it and you will be good

Why acl.com ?

Anyway.. Like posted above, give us a basic price range you are working with and we can suggest some good combos from ebay.. If you keep your eyes open you can find some real gems...

I personally picked up two $1100 speakers brand new for $150 each plus shipping!!! I bought them off a guy who was competing in the IACSA finals...these speakers were given to him by the company "just-in-case" he blew his speakers in the final rounds .. he didn't have to pay for them (advertizing wirte-off for the company) and they were just sitting in his garage since the competition, he placed 2nd by the way. I got them just before christmas so I guess he was looking for some extra spending cash for the holiday season. Incredible bargain... and very rare speakers and I've been looking for them for a while.

Long story short, you can pick up an avg system from ebay for $1000+, and at the same time you can get a great system from ebay for under $400.... As long as you are porperly informed about the products you are getting..

Good luck and keep us informed... we'll do our best to advise you properly..

Plus... if you're not scared of a drill and a saw, I would strongly reccomend making the box yourself. A full 4'x8' sheet of 3/4 MDF is only 30 bucks Canadian... you can make two nice sized boxes out of one sheet.. I just made two ported boxes for my 15 inch subs and I didn't use over a sheet..
Old 01-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

well...like i said.....i am getting pretty cheap i saw these and i might buy them and as i said before im not looking for something extreme im just looking for something that will give me theat extra hit when im in the car, im not looking for something to shake the screws and bolts in my car loose but im looking for something to just hit like i want it to....i was looking at

AMPLIFIER: 50 + local pick up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38638

and i was looking at the audiobahn ABP10T: 120 Shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

these items are brand new and im not looking for stuff top of the line...just something that will do the job right....so in the end it would end up costing me 250 for installation and everything together....
Old 01-23-2005, 10:48 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

This includes:
-2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 (10 inch subs)
-A box for two ten inch subs
-A Crossfire 350 watt Amplifier
-Phoenix Gold 1 FARAD Capacitor with mounting plate
-Rockford Fosgate 2 channel X 35 watt Amplifier

And it is currently $102.50 with 4 days left.... if you can get this for your $250 price range I would strongly suggest it. Personally I don't know too much about the RF amp and I know even less about the crossfire, however for the price... you could sell the RF and the Crossfire amp (if they are not up to your "standard") and get a better one..

The Capacitor usually runs between $50- $100 depending on the brand... and the box is approx 35 bucks in material (carpet, wood, glue, screws)..

This would get you some really powerful quality bass... and I believe it will be in your price range, if not slightly over it... but I would definitely keep your eye on it.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

wow, thanks ResidualFreedom....i will definatly keep my eye on that, but other then that what about the 2 things i have posted the PYLE AMP and the AUDIOBAHN WOOFER ive heard mixed reviews about audiobahn in general sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad......
Old 01-23-2005, 03:15 PM
VP Electricity

No, they are always cheap crap. You coulda bought a Hyundai... why put Kia quality in an Acura?

Then again, why ask what we think and ignore it? Could it be, El Guapo, that you have already made up your mind?
Old 01-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

im just looking for a decent system for under 250 because whenever i drive around in my car and i have the sound system cranked up, the bass just dosn't seem loud enough for me....and the one that ResidualFreedom suggested i am considering, but it seems old and the TL already has a 350 Watt system in it and the audiobahn woofer is 600 watts
Old 01-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Miss th 3.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=ResidualFreedom]Why acl.com ?

or a friend so it is free
Old 01-23-2005, 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=wakeboardfusion]
Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
Why acl.com ?

or a friend so it is free
agreed... we are all a big famiily now... we will all help out where we can..
Old 01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Residual....my salary cap has been boosted to 400 bucks thats how much im willing to pay for a woofer, but im looking for some sort of package.....something that i can just bring to circuit city or somewhere and get them to install all the components and drive awawy a happy customer...i looked into that link you gave me on ebay and it just got to expensive...the auction is going to end up being 200+ dollars.....but thanks...i was wondering if you knew of any places that had packages where u get a solid woofer...amp....wiring etc.....
Old 01-24-2005, 09:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u are not looking hard enough on ebay. You can easily ind a respectable package deal on ebay for 250 shipped, no problem. Just gotta keep looking. All u need is a sub, with amp, already in abox
Old 01-24-2005, 11:25 AM
VP Electricity

Look, man, if you're willing to have CC work on your car, why not buy something from them?

(BTW, if you have CC working on your car, the chances of you being a happy customer are low indeed... )
Old 01-24-2005, 11:39 AM

Ok, just so I'm clear on this.. now your total has raised to $400 ?

If so, that includes you subwoofer(s), amp for the sub(s), box and possibly a cap....

If this is the situation.... we should factor in a couple of hours for the install (does the $400 include the labour cost as well?)

Once I get an answer from ya for these questions, I'm sure many of us will be able to help you out with (A) a good stereo shop in your area that will do a good job, and (B) advice on products and packages that would fit your situation...

Old 01-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

the only reason i am raising my price is because i wrapped 300 dollars worth of change and i figure it will be worth it to just put that money towards it. im hoping that the installation labor won't cost TOO MUCH but i want to spend in the 400 area....including install.....if thats no feasible then i guess ill figure out a way to get someone to install it for me...but for the actual system i am looking for a 300 dollar system ive seen a few things on ebay but 400 dollars is the max i want to spend on a sub system including all the wires...amps...caps..etc...

also...

u are not looking hard enough on ebay. You can easily ind a respectable package deal on ebay for 250 shipped, no problem. Just gotta keep looking. All u need is a sub, with amp, already in abox
im not just looking for an amp and woofers...im looking for a complete system, something that i can just bring to someone and won't need to buy anymore wires...
Old 01-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe you won't need a cap. You could always add this later, if you end up needed it. This will help cut down cost and allow you to get a better sub and/or amp.

What do you other guys think about him not getting a cap yet?