Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audiobahn amps and subs, give me some comments on these

Audiobahn A2801Q 2 Channel Car Stereo Amp

AUDIOBAHN A4401Q 4-Channel Car Stereo Amp

AUDIOBAHN AW1006Q 10" Flame Car Subwoofer

Ok, so these are what i was thinking... Anyone have any experiance with Audibahn? I have heard this is great stuff. Plus it looks unreal. I would use the 4 channel for the doors, and the 2 channel for the sub. Sub can be either the 10 or a 12, whatever, what do you think. But now i need to find something for the doors. Would the polks sound good here, or I a getting high quality amps and subs and crapy door speakers then? HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!!
Old 07-20-2002, 06:50 PM
Instructor

its a repost, i know i know... I am an idoit. It wouldnt let me change the subject of it after i posted it, sorry
Old 07-21-2002, 03:27 AM
Intermediate

sups sniper, regarding the audiobahn system...first, IMO if you're going to get that sub, you should totally get a more powerful amp becuz that one sub is 1000 watt RMS and that amp you want to power your subs is just 560 RMS, PLUS, its not even a class D amp...so you're looking at around 300-400 watts of true power.(seems like a waste of money to power that sub only 1/3). Second, i like audiobahns more for the way they look (they look so sleek and futuristic, especially with an all audiobahn set up) than their sound quality. Don't get me wrong, audiobahns are on my top ten list, but there are other brands i think sound better than audiobahns--for instance, if you're going to spend 300-400+ for that audiobahn amp, might as well spend one more bill or two to get an eclipse or jlW7 sub. I guess what it comes down to is how much money you can spend and if you want more of appearance or performance. For sure though, i think you should get a more powerful amplifier for the sub...O, and just a question for anyone, how come it seems almost all TLers get Polk's for speakers? nobody seems to have MBQuarts or Focals which are also top of the line...just curious...
Old 07-21-2002, 06:23 AM
Instructor

well, I am getting both amps and the sub for <600... So I think that is a good deal, and i am not sure i could get 2 eclipse amps and a JL sub for that much, so if they are really good quality and good sound and great looks, then that is good enough for me if the price is right. I would love to go with all eclipse or all Jl, but they are much more expensive...

One reason i like these is the fact they all have matching looks... I would like to stick with one brand, all alpine would be sweet, all eclipse as well... But V12 amps are up there, and eclipse amps are up there too...

About the sub... I dont want earth shatering bass. I dont want to loose my hearing, and i dont want to rattle all the bolts off my car, I just want some good clean tight bass. I listen to everything from irish lymricks, to Dave Mathews, to Eminem.... So I want something for everything. I thought 560 watt amp would be way to much and that i would just keep the gain way down. Does the fact that the sub is a 1000W RMS sub mean that to put out good normal sound, it needs 1000W? I never quite understood that rateing on speakers, Is that saying that the sub can handle that, or is that what it needs. If i put 500 watts to that sub will it be just as loud as if i put 500 watts to a 500 watt sub?

thanks for your help
Old 07-23-2002, 02:44 PM
Intermediate

damn dats a really good price for everything...i would definately get it then...still not sure about getting that sub without powering it enough though...the rating on the sub jus means what the amount of watts it can take, but from most people's opinions, they seem to like the sound better when their sub is powered up to the r.m.s. amount, but more than that, if you're spending the $$ for a great sub, why not take advantage of the power it can handle you know? but still, i guess since you're getting everything for under 600 it doesn't matter...heh IMO, i would get everything but a better subwoofer amp, you can keep the gains at the lowest and have a good clean sound(especially with a 10) and when you wanna show off, you can blow everyone away with just one 10"

O BTW, how'd you get such a good price, and is it just audiobahn or can you get hooked up on other stuff too?