Attn Iggy: locating a wire help

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 11:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn Iggy: locating a wire help

Iggy,
Will you help me locating the security wire (+12v) on the TL? This wire is the one that will be ON when you arm your alarm...this can be the wire that power the little LED that is blinking on your driver side window. I am actually looking to find out where exactly it is in the carbin (fuse box, harness under the dash etc.) At last resort, I can open the door panel and tap it there then run it back into the carbin but it would be a pain in the butt to go through the hinge at the door and the car itself. Thanks Iggy.

PS. Oh, I'm looking for it to power a relay (SPDT) to control the "warn away" chirp with stock alarm. If I can locate this wire, I can rock and roll this weekend
Old 08-01-2002, 11:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Gimme a day or two and I'm sure I can find it!

Iggy
Old 08-02-2002, 02:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Iggy,
I tested with the multimeter and I couldn't use the wire that is powering the security light because it is a pulsing +12v. I guess I would have to look for the wire that changes state from ground to +12v (or from +12v to ground) when switching from ARM to DISARM. Either way would work....If I can only find this wire, I'm all set. I have drew out the schematic, bought all neccessary parts already...just need the location of this wire Thx you for your help Iggy.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hi Iggy, any luck?
Old 08-09-2002, 10:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

randomwalk,
Dude, I apologize for not getting back to you like I said I would! I looked through the security section of the manual and I have to admit.....I'm just not smart enough to decifer the info in the helms manual. Have you found the wire yet? If not let me know and I can scan the pages i have. Maybe you would have better luck.

Somehow, I have a feeling the info is in the electrical diagnostics manual which probably has more info regarding this.

Let me know,
Iggy
Old 08-10-2002, 01:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

why dont you just go to a stereo alarm shop and hitt the guy off with a few bucks to find it for you ?
Old 08-10-2002, 01:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by NsX Pilot
why dont you just go to a stereo alarm shop and hitt the guy off with a few bucks to find it for you ?
Been there, done that...no luck!
Old 08-10-2002, 06:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Iggy,
I really appreciate the effort. I haven't found the wire yet...and I don't think there is one. Factory Acura Alarm does give much room for aftermarket add-ons. I did installed the warn away with a redesign of the circuitry. Basically I use the ignition wire and the door sensing wire to control the on/off of the circuit. Only problem is everytime I close the door to exit, a chirp will sound (door closes, ignition off enables the circuit). I guess this is the best compromise for now until there is a better way I can think of.
john

Originally posted by Iggy
randomwalk,
Dude, I apologize for not getting back to you like I said I would! I looked through the security section of the manual and I have to admit.....I'm just not smart enough to decifer the info in the helms manual. Have you found the wire yet? If not let me know and I can scan the pages i have. Maybe you would have better luck.

Somehow, I have a feeling the info is in the electrical diagnostics manual which probably has more info regarding this.

Let me know,
Iggy
Old 08-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

random,
I'm still contemplating your dilemma.

Let me see if i unsertsand you correctly. you want the stock buzzer to chirp the first time you hit the lock button on the remote instead of having to hit it twice to make the buzzer chirp.

If this is the case, why could'nt you tap a line from one of the headlight or taillight alarm relays directly to the factory buzzer? This would eliminate the need for an additional relay.

Can the power source be momentary, or does it need to be a constant state + or - , when the alarm is armed. If it can be momentary we could probably find a wire that the alarm uses to lock the doors, or the headlights/taillights.

not sure if I'm making sense here. If we can find out how to make this work I might be interested in doing the same thing in order to make the car chirp the first time you hit the lock button.

Cheers,
Iggy
Old 08-20-2002, 11:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Iggy,
No, you're way off. This is for the "warn away chirp". Ei, with the stock alarm, I added a dual stage shock sensor. Basically, almost everyone here uses only one stage and they tapped directly into the hood sense wire (yellow/silver dotted). When the shock is triggered with the 2nd stage (hard impact), it set off the stock alarm system. The 1st trigger stage (soft impact) is not use. Soft impact is what I referred to as "warn away chirp".
What I did was added a second siren under the hood to use as a warn away (separate from stock alarm). Along with several relay controlling the circuitry which is hooked up to the 1st stage of the shock sensor (1st stage only). When 1st stage (light impact) is triggered, it set off a current via the circuit which send a pulse to the siren, set it off with a brief series of "chirps" (about 1 second duration). The circuitry is now controlled by ACC (vehicle moving, ignition ON, no chirp) and dome light (alarm disabled or door opens, light on, no chirp)...The first stage of the sensor is hooked up to the stock alarm system like everyone else.. Hard impact will set off the stock alarm...so far so good.
Anyways, I never found a wire from factory that gives a steady ground or 12v when armed (or disarm) to control it so I have to use this circuitry to control it. If there is a such I wire exists, it would simplify things tremedously..and possibly works a lot better too...It probably not shown in the Helm shop manual. Probably need the electrical supplement manual. I don't have neither