attention e_lectro

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003 | 01:06 AM
Burning Brakes

attention e_lectro

hey man, i thought you had a wireing diagram for the TSX, i want to relocate my Blue tooth hands free speaker. i need to find the wires going to the stock speaker in the drivers door at the kick panel. im going to use a relay with the mute wire on my HF kit to switch off the audio from the radio and use the speaker in the door for my HF kit when in use. kind of like how the navi voice works now. and if i am correct the navi only uses the driver door speaker so this way when im on the phone it will also stop the announcements from the navi voice when im on the phone.

TIA
Old 09-19-2003 | 09:06 AM
Still here

Re: attention e_lectro

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic
hey man, i thought you had a wireing diagram for the TSX, i want to relocate my Blue tooth hands free speaker. i need to find the wires going to the stock speaker in the drivers door at the kick panel. im going to use a relay with the mute wire on my HF kit to switch off the audio from the radio and use the speaker in the door for my HF kit when in use. kind of like how the navi voice works now. and if i am correct the navi only uses the driver door speaker so this way when im on the phone it will also stop the announcements from the navi voice when im on the phone.

TIA
You post the one night that I'm not up till 6am

I do have the wiring diagrams from the service manual, and they show everything you need. I'll try and scan some when I get home later tonight.

You are kinda correct about how the navi voice feeds in. The navi voice cuts in before the amplifier, inside the cd-player, and sends out to all of the front speakers.

Why would you want to cut into the wires after the amp by the door? Seams silly to do it after the amp, will your handsfree kit really be able to push the speaker? Why not cut into the signal as its going into the amplifier? The output of your hands free kit would be closer to pre-amp level anyway...

Drop me a line later tonight and we can tear through all the documentation and get you all the info you need.

-e_lectro
Old 09-19-2003 | 06:08 PM
Burning Brakes

the hands free kit drives a 4 ohm speaker already and it is quite loud i just have it mounted inside the dash near the driver side air vent. it would be a lot louder if it was comming from a speaker that is actually open to the cockpit.
using a relay after the stock amp will work best because my volume of the HF kit can remain independant of the stock system and this will be easy to integrate without any clicking or popping when switching the speaker from 1 device to another.
also i belive that the beep confirmation i get on the HF kit when it switches on and off will go away because when it attempts to make a beep then connect to the speaker the initial beep wont be heard until the relay clicks over. i hate the beep and it drives me nuts.
anyway i just need location and color of the 2 wires in question.
Old 09-19-2003 | 06:36 PM
Still here

Okeydokey then, looks like someone went out and got a nice hands-free kit

The drivers door speaker wire colors:
(+) GRN/BLK
(--) LT GRN

and in ase you need them, the tweeter:
(+) BLU/ORN
(--) GRY/BLU

Unlike the rear speakers, these do not change colors anywhere.

I have a scan of the door wiring harness, hit me up later and I'll send it to you.
Old 09-19-2003 | 07:17 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Hey e_lectro this is MrChad from the Chigago meet (RED 00 Accord Coupe)

I didn't realize until riding in my sister's Accord V6 sedan earlier this week that that the clock is sappose to light up at night when the headlights are on. (must have been out for some time)

I guess my LED bulb that screws out from the back of the clock is dead. [clock works fine]

I can go to the dealer and get a new bulb for around 3 bucks, I did this once already on the cruise control switch, green bulb.

Do you think it would be possible to install a colored LED bulb instead of just clear white?

If so, how do I figure out what type of bulb I have and were would a locate a colored version? Blue , red, purple, I don't really care. Perhaps the green cruise bulb will fit?
Old 09-19-2003 | 08:35 PM
Still here

Originally posted by MrChad
Hey e_lectro this is MrChad from the Chigago meet (RED 00 Accord Coupe)

I didn't realize until riding in my sister's Accord V6 sedan earlier this week that that the clock is sappose to light up at night when the headlights are on. (must have been out for some time)

I guess my LED bulb that screws out from the back of the clock is dead. [clock works fine]

I can go to the dealer and get a new bulb for around 3 bucks, I did this once already on the cruise control switch, green bulb.

Do you think it would be possible to install a colored LED bulb instead of just clear white?

If so, how do I figure out what type of bulb I have and were would a locate a colored version? Blue , red, purple, I don't really care. Perhaps the green cruise bulb will fit?

Mr. Chad-

The clock light, if I remember right, is the same as the cruse control light. You can replace it with a stock bulb, or an led, the led will take some soldering though.

Here are a bunch of links on LED swapouts on the Accords:

They make full kits here
White conversion with clock pic here
Full how to here

Have fun! Also, you can make the clock light up reverse, but that takes changing out the polerizing film