Anybody figure out how to get DTR four the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody figure out how to get DTR for the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

I really want daytime running lights, but don't want to leave my HID's on all the time (Doesn't seem right to me). Yesterday i just realized how much i used my heated mirrors when i had some significant dew on my car in the morning. The heated mirrors in my VW would take care of that for me.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Anybody figure out how to get DTR four the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

Originally posted by VT-TSX
I really want daytime running lights, but don't want to leave my HID's on all the time (Doesn't seem right to me). Yesterday i just realized how much i used my heated mirrors when i had some significant dew on my car in the morning. The heated mirrors in my VW would take care of that for me.
I've looked into both of these options as well. Here is what I have found.

DTR is possible, but I can only see a relay and possibly a fuse that need to be acquired. Since I don't have the exact wiring diagram, I can't tell if there is anymore, but it should be that difficult.

Heated mirrors is going to be next to impossible. First off, if you have a CG, there isn't any hope of getting the mirrors from Canada. Secondly, there is a bunch of wiring harnesses on both sides (Driver and Passenger) that don't exist that connect to the mirror throught the mirror assembly that doesn't exist in the US. Additionally, the controls on the driver's side door to activate the heated mirrors isn't there and it is a different assembly with the mirror adjustment.

I was hoping to do both, but lost hope after I found out about the mirrors and didn't want just DTR.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

you could always get the mirrors repainted, but good luck trying to find 2 canadian side mirrors.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Anybody figure out how to get DTR four the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

Originally posted by moda_way

Heated mirrors is going to be next to impossible. First off, if you have a CG, there isn't any hope of getting the mirrors from Canada. Secondly, there is a bunch of wiring harnesses on both sides (Driver and Passenger) that don't exist that connect to the mirror throught the mirror assembly that doesn't exist in the US. Additionally, the controls on the driver's side door to activate the heated mirrors isn't there and it is a different assembly with the mirror adjustment.
making the heated mirrors is very simple to do

all u need are the mirror's with the coils in them, a generic switch(oem woould look nicer) and run the wiring, i already have the schmatics...
Old 03-31-2004, 03:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Anybody figure out how to get DTR four the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

Originally posted by rbf351
making the heated mirrors is very simple to do

all u need are the mirror's with the coils in them, a generic switch(oem woould look nicer) and run the wiring, i already have the schmatics...
The '04 RSX Type S has heated mirrors. Can they be used?
Old 03-31-2004, 03:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anybody figure out how to get DTR four the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

Originally posted by miner
The '04 RSX Type S has heated mirrors. Can they be used?
if the are the same shape and hook into the motor the same way the tsx does then yes u can
Old 04-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anybody figure out how to get DTR four the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

The '04 RSX Type S has heated mirrors....
What the heck is wrong with Honda?? Who's making these decisions?
Old 04-02-2004, 06:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: Anybody figure out how to get DTR for the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

Originally posted by VT-TSX
There is a write-up on ClubRSX.com on how to install heated mirrors. It is quite concise on the parts & steps involved.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Go Dutch !

Euro Accord has heated mirrors standard... and i think our Graphite Pearl is the same as your CG... You might think of ordering the driverside doorpanel with the button's as well. Will become pretty expensive though...
Old 04-02-2004, 08:18 AM

Re: Re: Anybody figure out how to get DTR for the US TSX? How about Heated Mirrors??

There is a write-up on ClubRSX.com on how to install heated mirrors. It is quite concise on the parts & steps involved.

who needs a write up?

all u need is the mirror, 2 wires and a button and a fuse if you wanna be safe. thats all there is to the heated mirrors