Any knowledge about OEM - Factory-Stereo Sound Processors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any knowledge about OEM - Factory-Stereo Sound Processors?

What have you guys heard about the signal processors for factory-stereos?

Like the Alpine PXE-H650
JL CleanSweep
or the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty?

I personally like the alpine?

Any suggestions?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by itsajay
What have you guys heard about the signal processors for factory-stereos?

Like the Alpine PXE-H650
JL CleanSweep
or the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty?

I personally like the alpine?

Any suggestions?
I've used them all. When I say "used" I mean that I've installed all of them. My favorite is the Clean Sweep. Also Audio Control makes several pieces for OEM integration.

What are your plans? Your desired outcome really dictates which piece you should choose.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Cruisin'

well im new to this whole audio scene...i have an ALPINE MRV-F545 amp...originally i just wanted to get that installed to get a better sound out of the stock bose speakers...but as i did some more research i came across diff OEM sound processors which caught my eye...i mainly juss listen to hip hop and electric music...juss want a crisp sound...i am not lookin for competition material

my friends recommend either the apline type-s subs or JL'z

should i go with 2 10z or one 12 sub?

what would you recommend?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Hold the onions

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by uncald4
I've used them all. When I say "used" I mean that I've installed all of them. My favorite is the Clean Sweep. Also Audio Control makes several pieces for OEM integration.

What are your plans? Your desired outcome really dictates which piece you should choose.
Hey I wanna upgrade just my speakers too keeping the OEM deck. I got 2 alpine amps and a 15" sub. What do you suggest for a clean sound from the OEM deck to aftermarket speakers?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

well....

my friends recommend either the apline type-s subs or JL'z

should i go with 2 10z or one 12 sub?

what would you recommend?

The ALPINE MRV-F545 is a great amp. It would run a whole system nicely. I would not recommend running any amp to the stock Bose speakers in the TL. I say this from experience. It sounds like pooh. I would replace the speakers first. You could replace both the front and rear speakers for very little money. Then run your Alpine amp on those. You said that you listen to hip-hop and electric music. For this I recommend 12" subwoofers. You'd probably be happy with just one 12. Especially if you plan to use that Alpine amp to run everything.

Originally Posted by bud760
Hey I wanna upgrade just my speakers too keeping the OEM deck. I got 2 alpine amps and a 15" sub. What do you suggest for a clean sound from the OEM deck to aftermarket speakers?
I would not go with a 15" subwoofer if you want clean sound. A good amp on front and rear speakers will sound awesome. You have a lot of choices. Take a listen to some and decide what you like.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Hold the onions

The ALPINE MRV-F545 is a great amp. It would run a whole system nicely. I would not recommend running any amp to the stock Bose speakers in the TL. I say this from experience. It sounds like pooh. I would replace the speakers first. You could replace both the front and rear speakers for very little money. Then run your Alpine amp on those. You said that you listen to hip-hop and electric music. For this I recommend 12" subwoofers. You'd probably be happy with just one 12. Especially if you plan to use that Alpine amp to run everything.

I would not go with a 15" subwoofer if you want clean sound. A good amp on front and rear speakers will sound awesome. You have a lot of choices. Take a listen to some and decide what you like.
Well I have a Alpine MRV-1507 to juice the 15" Type-R DVC and MRV-F357 for the front and rear speakers. What I meant was a clean signal coming from the OEM deck. I was looking at the Alpine PXE-H650
Old 03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Well I have a Alpine MRV-1507 to juice the 15" Type-R DVC and MRV-F357 for the front and rear speakers. What I meant was a clean signal coming from the OEM deck. I was looking at the Alpine PXE-H650
You don't need to spend that much money. You can tap the signal wires coming out of the deck before they are equalized or amplified by BOSE. Look in the DIY section for the signal wires. There are left and right (+) wires. And a single common wire (-). You can take these wires and pipe them right into an amp. This is exactly what I'm doing. But I've also got a Phoenix Gold PLD-1. It's a line driver. All it does is boost the signal going into the amp. I'm using it because the signal coming out of the deck is somewhat weak. But my TL sounds awesome..... with the stock deck. Look at my sig and see what I'm running.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Cruisin'

wow...unclad4, you rock! thanks for the tips...i will be asking a few more questions, but i appreciate your help!

thanks again
Old 03-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Former Sponsor

You got it mang!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Hold the onions

You don't need to spend that much money. You can tap the signal wires coming out of the deck before they are equalized or amplified by BOSE. Look in the DIY section for the signal wires. There are left and right (+) wires. And a single common wire (-). You can take these wires and pipe them right into an amp. This is exactly what I'm doing. But I've also got a Phoenix Gold PLD-1. It's a line driver. All it does is boost the signal going into the amp. I'm using it because the signal coming out of the deck is somewhat weak. But my TL sounds awesome..... with the stock deck. Look at my sig and see what I'm running.
Thanks man! Saved me a couple of hundred dollars So are there extra components for the Bose speakers that aren't needed and can be taken out since I'll have my own amps installed?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks man! Saved me a couple of hundred dollars So are there extra components for the Bose speakers that aren't needed and can be taken out since I'll have my own amps installed?
You can take out the Bose EQ module.

It's up behind your climate controls. Above your stereo.

The reason you should replace your Bose speakers.....

Every vehicle specific BOSE system is designed to work within itself. In the TL there are no tweeters like the CL has. So, Bose uses a very dynamic paper coned speaker. A Bose EQ module is also used (unlike the CL) to induce higher frequencies in our door speakers that wouldn't normally be there. And to reduce the lower freqencies that your factory sub would play. The Bose speakers and the Bose EQ work together to make a good sounding factory audio system. Take a breath.........

When you tap the un-Bosed signal and pipe it into an amp, you have a clean untainted signal. When you run that into the Bose speakers it sounds dull. No high frequencies. Those speakers were made to play the signal where Bose jacked up the higher frequencies to compensate for the lack of tweeters. You're also missing the low freqs.

If you take that same un-Bosed signal and piped it into amps then ran it into good aftermarket speakers.... TADA! There's all of your sound!! All the bass. All the midrange. All the treble.

"No highs. No lows.... It must be Bose!"

Last edited by uncald4; 03-06-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Former Sponsor

wow...unclad4, you rock! thanks for the tips...i will be asking a few more questions, but i appreciate your help!

thanks again
I got your email and PM. It's a bit long and I'm tired. If you don't mind, I would love to respond tomorrow morning.

I've spent 3 days working on a full custom system for a 2005 Civic Si. But it's done. And I need a nap!

And a beer.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Hold the onions

You can take out the Bose EQ module.

It's up behind your climate controls. Above your stereo.

The reason you should replace your Bose speakers.....

Every vehicle specific BOSE system is designed to work within itself. In the TL there are no tweeters like the CL has. So, Bose uses a very dynamic paper coned speaker. A Bose EQ module is also used (unlike the CL) to induce higher frequencies in our door speakers that wouldn't normally be there. And to reduce the lower freqencies that your factory sub would play. The Bose speakers and the Bose EQ work together to make a good sounding factory audio system. Take a breath.........

When you tap the un-Bosed signal and pipe it into an amp, you have a clean untainted signal. When you run that into the Bose speakers it sounds dull. No high frequencies. Those speakers were made to play the signal where Bose jacked up the higher frequencies to compensate for the lack of tweeters. You're also missing the low freqs.

If you take that same un-Bosed signal and piped it into amps then ran it into good aftermarket speakers.... TADA! There's all of your sound!! All the bass. All the midrange. All the treble.

"No highs. No lows.... It must be Bose!"
I bow down to your audiophile knowledge!!! I have been enlightened now I can school some installers Thanks again bro.