TL: Amp Help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp Help?

Hey guys,

One of my future upgrades for my TL is going to be adding a better subwoofer to the car. The subs that I am interested in are these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
BP1204 - Two 12" Subwoofers In a Bandpass Enclosure

That being said, in terms of what amp I need to get with it, I have virtually no clue what I am doing. If you guys have any suggestions as to the amp that I should pair with these subs that would be greatly appreciated, or, if you can tell me about what wattage I would need to pair with the subs, that would also be helpful. I am currently just trying to budget out some of the other mods that I am working on and figuring out which I can do in the near future and which will need to wait. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 PM
its actually tan

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Why those subs?
Old 02-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MidoriTL
Why those subs?
Excellent reviews, good price, and I like the overall look of them.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:05 AM
its actually tan

well I hate to say this man but dual speakers/subs or really dual anything is garbage. I'm a professional audio/security install tech, dual is not a good brand and I change these things out often because ppl either blow them up or they just don't preform like they imagine they would.

this is just my 2 cents so to speak, you are free to do what you please but first think about it this way. if you get that package offline and you install it and then a couple months down the road it messes up and you need to get it exchanged its gonna be a pain to send off and get it swapped out. but if you go to your local car audio store in your town they will more than like have a package deal were you can get a couple of subs in a box, an amp, an amp kit, and install for a set price. usually for around 450-600ish dollars. now yes that may seem like a lot but think about the advantages that can come along with. most places will have a warranty on their install and a product warranty as well. that means hassle free for you if something happens to the stuff you buy. a lot of ppl overlook that fact and think its cheaper to buy online and do it yourself. in some cases it can be cheaper but it comes along with the headache of having to do it yourself and returning messed up equipment yourself as well.

just something to think about.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:11 AM
its actually tan

as a side note as well, its better to stick with the main brand like pioneer, alpine, Memphis, kenwood, focal, and other more well know brands