RL: alarm help needed!!!99 RL 871xp Remotestart, OEM Alarm Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
alarm help needed!!!99 RL 871xp Remotestart, OEM Alarm Problem

I was having problems with my OEM alarm on my 99 Acura 3.5RL. It would go off randomly for no apparent reason, without any apparent trigger or cause. After much googleing and many forum searches on many different sites, i came to the conclusion that my hood latch sensor had gone faulty and decided to "jump" the 2 pin connector.

Feeling that i needed better car security, i decided to have my python 871xp installed with the 555d bypass module. unfortunately the car would not remotestart although the other functions worked perfectly fine.Under the advice of my installer, i plugged the hood latch sensor back in. This however did not solve any problems i had with the 555d, so i purchased the TBXKEY and had that installed with great success.

My only problem now is that when i try to remotestart the car, the OEM alarm will go off occasionally, mostly when the car has been sitting for a few hours (4 or more) or when the weather is cold. I have tried to jump the hood latch sensor again but doing so only causes a zone fault detection by the Python 871xp, therefore disabling me from remotestarting the car.

Any and All input is appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:14 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you paid to have the system installed and they couldn't get the remote start to work? It sounds to me like you need to go to a different install shop.

For your latest problems, the installer should be able to disarm the factory system prior to remote start. All the remote start systems I've installed have had trigger outputs for this purpose. This output would connect to the green/red wire found at the drivers door key cylinder. Also have them install their own hood pin instead of using the factory one with known issues.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:50 AM
1st Gear

I have a 2002 TL and we had a Remote Start Put in - it is an Avatal System. When we first had it installed, the Alarm Randomly Went Off, we took it back to the Installer and they Re-Calibrated the System. Only Problem Now is that we have to "Press Unlock" then "Remote Start" or the Car Alarm will Go Off. My wife hates it, but I think it is okay since I then know the Car is Started..... Our 2002 Grand Cherokee has a Python System and has Problems Starting when it's 15 degrees or colder - we are working on that issue now. Otherwise our Remote Starts work fine.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Instructor

You have the same problem as the OP. Take your TL back to the installer and have them hook up the factory alarm disarm wire. This should have been done during the original installation.

As for your Cherokee, programming the tach at a higher RPM should fix your starting problem. Again you will want to take it back to the shop who installed it and they should do this for you.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SumYongGai
I have a 2002 TL and we had a Remote Start Put in - it is an Avatal System. When we first had it installed, the Alarm Randomly Went Off, we took it back to the Installer and they Re-Calibrated the System. Only Problem Now is that we have to "Press Unlock" then "Remote Start" or the Car Alarm will Go Off. My wife hates it, but I think it is okay since I then know the Car is Started..... Our 2002 Grand Cherokee has a Python System and has Problems Starting when it's 15 degrees or colder - we are working on that issue now. Otherwise our Remote Starts work fine.
have the same problem with the disarm first before remotestarting, although lately it hasnt been an issue

Originally Posted by Steven Kephart
You have the same problem as the OP. Take your TL back to the installer and have them hook up the factory alarm disarm wire. This should have been done during the original installation.

As for your Cherokee, programming the tach at a higher RPM should fix your starting problem. Again you will want to take it back to the shop who installed it and they should do this for you.
what are they hooking up to the factory disarm wire, i believe it already has been done but i need to double check.

i have more information on my problem here...
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rl-1996-2004-77/99-acura-3-5rl-871xp-rm-oem-alarm-problem-805570/
Old 02-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pmendoza502
what are they hooking up to the factory disarm wire, i believe it already has been done but i need to double check.

As I said in my first post, they would be hooking up the factory disarm output from the aftermarket alarm. This would send a signal to disarm the factory alarm prior to remote start and eliminate your problem. If they had done this then you wouldn't be having a problem.