Aftermarket DVD/Navigation? Which one is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 07:48 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket DVD/Navigation? Which one is the best?

Hey all, I know this question may have been asked before, but I'm trying to ask again and be more specific as far as answers that i'm looking for.

Now, I bought a TLS without navi, but now I want to get an aftermarket dvd/navi instead of trading in to get one with Navi. I don't want to change out the Bose system, as much as it sucks. All I want to do is add Navi/DVD player, TV Tuner, and a DVD Screen. I'm looking for a screen that can flip out of that little tray above the Bose headunit and below the AC unit. And if possible, i'd like to get the DVD player inthere too, but I don't know if that would fit like that. I guess if I had to, i'd put the DVD player under the seat or something. I don't know how that stuff works.

I would go to sites to check reviews on the products, but I need to know what would work well with the TLS because of the stock headunit and front dash and the way it's set up.

I've seen pics on here where someone had put one in that little tray slot. I did the search but couldn't find the post.

So if anyone can give me ideas as to what to get and how it would have to be set up in the TLS, then i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Rob
Old 11-14-2002, 08:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the one you saw was the pioneer avx-p7300dvd... but it will take some modifications on both the dash and the unit its self to fit it in there... but it is possible...
Old 11-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, snook has the older pioneer 7000 flipout and i heard that one fits the "easiest" in that location after you disassemble it's face. that's good that this fits because i think pioneer is the only company right now that makes a nav unit that is also a dvd player. so you could pobably stash the dvd somewhere in the car that is accessible to you and passengers. and since the 7000 is kinda old, it doesn't have a lot of high tech features and won't be too bad in price (is it still available???).