Adding power window roll-up module to factory alarm?

Old 01-31-2001, 04:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Adding power window roll-up module to factory alarm?

I want to add roll-up modules to the 4 windows and 1 sunroof so that when I arm the factory alarm, all the openings will close automatically.

I know such modules are available for aftermarket alarms, but has anyone tried interfacing them with the factory alarm? How could this be done?

I heard that just about the only way this can work on a TL is to wire each motor individually, necessitating that each door be disassembled and its motor tapped. I don't want to turn my car into a wire spaghetti mess. Do you know if there are any other possibilities?

So far, I've contacted Codealarm and Crutchfield and they're clueless.

------------------
'01 TL with Navi
Naples Gold Metallic
Everything is stock for the moment
except for a big plush teddy bear in the back seat.
Old 02-03-2001, 03:55 PM
Banned

Hey,
I have also been going around trying to find the same exact thing. My car has been in the shop for 2 weeks and still is because when they tried to steal my car they broke the small window in the back and no alarm went off. So I think I am just gonna get an aftermarket alarm and a Club. If there is any info just post it up or E-mail me. That would be great. Thanx

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL Satin Silver.
Old 02-05-2001, 10:39 AM

Can you just add on parts such as glass breakage sensor and a vibration sensor to our stock alarms??

Thanks

------------------
'00 Acura 3.2TL Laguna Green
9005 Piaa Plasma's
Osram Diadem side markers
V1
other mod's coming after the winter...
Old 02-05-2001, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

I've heard that you can add "basic" accessories to the factory alarm system by finding out the alarm schematics and tapping into the properly colored wire. You'll also need to know if the alarm wire you're tapping into is triggered by a positive trigger or a negative (ground) trigger.

Hook up power and ground to your vibration sensor and glass sensor and tie their outputs to your alarm. Relays may be neccessary to adapt a sensor that emits one kind of trigger (positive or negative) to an alarm that uses the other kind.

This may sound hard, but it really isn't bad. Ask an engineer friend to help you out if you need some hands-on assistance.